Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Content Lock

Seems weird because I can access this website (and all others) with my friends T-Mobile Sidekick III. However that's in the US..perhaps they have different policies in other parts of the world (didn't know they operated outside the US honestly).
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

They certainly do! In fact the building I work in has a T Mobile campaign, there are literally hundreds of them.

I'm still waiting to hear back, but I guess it must be entirely different in the US. I'll certainly be interested in their explanation as to why I should be paying an extra £2 to view a site I can access quite easily from my PC and which has no unsuitable content for under 18s.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

I would try a proxy if you want to get around it or if you phone is unlocked you can change your wap server on it and probably get around it as well :-)

Proxies are a pain, though.

Can I change the WAP server and still have the same T Mobile price plan? I'm not hugely clued up in mobile internet matters. I find surfing the net on a phone to be ponderous at the best of times and the thought of doing it through a proxy - well, I probably wouldn't bother. It's just something to do at work when there are no calls and I'm bored out of my mind.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

If you are able to change your WAP settings in your phone, maybe you can setup your own WAP gateway? Might be not really be worth it depending on how much you plan on using it.

http://www.kannel.org/

It does appear (quick google search) that you can change the settings on your phone. Look around for the instructions on how to do it for your model.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yeah, as you say, it probably isn't worth it. I can just wait till I get home from work and access this place in a much more enjoyable way. I'll still be interested to hear what T Mobile have to say about it though.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Google is a wonderous thing. Just prove to them you are 18 and they will remove any content-locks off of your phone.

http://www.t-mobilepressoffice.co.uk...ng_service.htm

Note that the 2 pound charge is simply a verification. The 2pounds is immediately refunded.....

"When credit card is produced, a £2 charge is made on the card, then immediately re-credited"

There ya go. Well done. But I still have to find someone to contact there to find out why they've pegged us as a restricted content site. We're nothing of the kind.

JP- There are several content blocking companies that have AO listed as a restricted site. Back in 97 or 98 I could not view the site through my work because our proxy server blocked it. At some point over the years we have switched to a different block list and AO is no longer listed. I'm not sure what list we were using years ago but I have come across more recent content blockers that block AO.