Huge Router Problem!! :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Router Problem!! :(

Exclamation Huge Router Problem!! :(

Firstly, i made a bad mistake of purchasing a belkin router nearly 2 years ago although it has been running smoothly until today.

I recently got a xbox 360 and got a game called call of duty 3. this game required me to forward ports in my router and disable DH CP. All i had to do was type in 192.168.2.1 to access the belkin settings. After i thought i changed the settings correctly i had to restart my computer and now my internet or wireless does not work. i can connect but windows says i have limited to no activity and this is the same with the other desktops which wirelessly connect to my own router.

i realise it would be simple to fix if i could chang the settings back but i cant access the belkin configuration settings anymore. When i type in that address 192. etc etc in the browser nothing loads. im in serious trouble as me and my brother need the internet for school coursework purposes urgently.
    Last edited by stu2k7; January 3rd, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Go to your computer's network settings and tell it to NOT use DHCP (after all, you turned it off at the router) and tell it to call itself, say, 192.168.2.2, or .3, or .4, until it works. (Gateway should be 192.168.2.1, Subnet probably 255.255.255.0)

Then you can get to the router and re-enable DHCP. Once that's done, undo the changes on our computer and go back to DHCP mode.

When you turn DHCP back on, see if it will let you set only a certain range. For example, maybe 192.168.2.2 through 192.168.2.100 instead of 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.255

Then set your Xbox IP as something outside that range, for instance 192.168.2.101.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

sorry im a noob on this stuff, thanks so far, can you tell me where i can find the DHCP settings. im on windows xp sp2 by the way.

stuart.

You could also get a paperclip and press the reset button to put it back to the factory settings
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

yeah i tried it but nothing happened although i only held it for a few seconds should i hold it for a minute with eg a tip of a pen?

shouldn't take more than 5 second would be my guess
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

i just tried it there now, unfortunately nothing happened at all it didnt even reset! i waited for ages and no lights flashed or anything

AOs Resident Troll
    Paperclip works better

once that done

turn off DHCP and manually assign your computers and xbox IP addresses...
    eg
    computer1 192.168.2.2
    computer2 192.168.2.3
    xbox 192.168.2.4

you have to manually assign the gateway...which is you router 192.168.2.1 and your DNS...which is your router also (because your router will get its DNS from your ISP usually)

then tell the router to forward the xbox traffic and ports to the static IP address you assigned the xbox....192.168.0.4 and all should be well

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

i tried a paperclip it didnt work anyway i cant change the DHCP because it wont let me access the belkin settings anymore after i mistakenly changed the settings. i looked around windows for changing the DHCP but i could not find a solution. So how do i turn off my DCHP and assign my computers and xbox ip addresses?

thanks again,
    stuart

AOs Resident Troll
    You have to reset the router to the factory defaults....then connect to it...and configure it.

whats the model of the router...

Look it up here

http://www.belkin.com/networking/

sshould have evrything you need in the support area

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer