Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAM upgrade

Funny you should mention that brokencrow, I have been looking for some 4Mb 30-pin for some time.

I aquired a Gateway 2000 a while back. It has 8Mb at the moment, and runs Windows 95 rather sloooooooooooooowly I was thinking of putting Win 3.11 on it, if I couldn't find any RAM.

I have some 1Mb 30 pin, but they are not compatible

A Gateway 2000 with 30-pin slots? Those were nice units in their day. I thought they'd evolved to 72-pins by then. Or are there both?
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Hi brokencrow, this is a fairly early one, which is why I am interested in getting it running as it should.

It has all ISA slots and a 80386 Cyrix processor. I happened to have an ISA 33.6 Modem which fits and works........... but I haven't managed to get it on the net yet

Yes the memory slots are all 30-pin 4Mb.

It has a Stars and Stripes sticker on the base with "made in the USA", so it predates offshore assembly.

Whoa, 95 on a 386? He-heh, I remember years ago a friend bought a used PC with that same setup and he complained it was slow too.

**sigh**

I suppose I may have to dig up that old ram and send it to you?

You wanna a laugh? The mfg'ing company I work for now is running a couple of old 486's still. One's a one-piece Compaq 486sx 25 we use for programming our phone system. I chuckled when I saw Win 3.1 running in the server room.

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers