Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: hack-test

no problem man... if you need anymore hints... at least up to level 8/9 let me know
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Wouldn't this mean that the password is Eingabe?

Code:
    {
    var pw, Eingabe;
    pw=window.document.alinkColor;
    Eingabe=prompt ("Please enter password");
    if (Eingabe==pw)
    {

That was kind of amusing, had 10 minutes to kill and got through 6...mostly just watching the javascript so far (and a good example of why using javascript to validate/restrict web pages is a bad idea ) :/

Will have to revisit tomorrow...

EDIT: Combining posts....

Eingabe is a variable (see the declaration). I at first thought it was 000000 since he set the value of pw to the document.alink or whatever (which he set earlier to 000000), but then I noticed he was building the next url rather straightforwardly and I just typed in the next one (and it doesn't care). I'm deliberately trying to be vague so as to not totally give away a solution...
    Last edited by nebulus200; January 5th, 2007 at 12:04 AM.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Code:
    pw=window.document.alinkColor;
    Eingabe=prompt ("Please enter password");
    if (Eingabe==pw)
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

SPOILER ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by nebulus200
    I at first thought it was 000000 since he set the value of pw to the document.alink or whatever (which he set earlier to 000000), but then I noticed he was building the next url rather straightforwardly and I just typed in the next one (and it doesn't care). I'm deliberately trying to be vague so as to not totally give away a solution...
    don't forget the # in front ... '#000000' should be the solution

but your way of of following the URL is valid too... since when has hacking been about following rules? converting the decimal to ASCII was a clever way of getting to the next level...

-HST

Antionline Herpetologist
    What about level 7? I'm sure there's something I'm missing here, because the HTML source itself looks merely like a form to me, which means that the username/password are stored in the php file. However, AFAIK, there is no way to obtain the source code for a php from a browser. Any suggestions?
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Could someone pm me a hint as to what level 9 is looking for. I've found the "password" and have tried a number of combinations in the address bar but I'm not getting anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if I should just continue to guess until I get the correct format.

Thanks for posting this, I forgot how much fun albeit sometimes frustrating these puzzles can be.

Quote Originally Posted by cgkanchi
    What about level 7? I'm sure there's something I'm missing here, because the HTML source itself looks merely like a form to me, which means that the username/password are stored in the php file. However, AFAIK, there is no way to obtain the source code for a php from a browser. Any suggestions?
    look at the name of the HTML document for level 7... then look through the source... not just the JS... see if anything jumps out at you...

-HST

as of now, I am just stuck at a screen that has nothing but a line of text, that says 'crack the password' anyone gotten passed this?

-HST

Well I'm obviously just more stupid than everyone else because I still can't do level one

look at the if / then ... and then look at the value for 'a' and notice that it is in quotes
    I've tried every combination of everything I can see and got nowhere!

this is from the paypal submission form... breaking that would be illegal
    Maybe I should have a go at that instead - I might have more success because clearly it isn't going to be as difficult as that wretched password!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature