Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: hack-test

I found this, not sure which level it is for though

http://www.hack-test.com/images/phat.gif

Look at the bottom right of the screen

I'm on level 8
    Last edited by Opus00; January 5th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    There are two rules for success in life:
    Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Well I'm obviously just more stupid than everyone else because I still can't do level one

I've tried every combination of everything I can see and got nowhere!

Maybe I should have a go at that instead - I might have more success because clearly it isn't going to be as difficult as that wretched password!
    Code:
    <script language=JavaScript type="text/javascript">
    {
    var a="null";
    function check()
    {
    if (document.a.c.value == a)
    {
    document.location.href="/"+document.a.c.value+".htm";
    }
    else
    {
    alert ("Try again");
    }
    Code:
    var a="null";
    A is set to the string literal 'null'.

Code:

In javascript, document is an object referring to the current webpage as an object. So document.a would be the object named 'a' in the current document. document.a.c would be the object c contained in the object a in the current document...a quick scan at the form reveals:

Code:
    <form name="a" action="javascript:check()">
    <p align="center">
    <input type="text" name="c" maxlength="25" size="16"><br>
    <br>

<input type="submit" value=" Log In "></p>
    What does he name the form? 'a'. What does he name the text where the password is? 'c'.

So when you see:
    Code:
    What is being checked? if the value of the text box named c in the form a in the current document is set to the variable 'a', which was defined earlier as 'null'. Do you see what the password is now?

EDIT: 6 was pretty easy. 7 I am a little stumped on, will have to come back to it when I have more time :/
    Last edited by nebulus200; January 5th, 2007 at 05:35 PM.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Hey, I'm stuck at challange 4. You need to view to source of the next page right? And there was a command, I believe "source:" you had to type in front of the url. But I can't remember how to do it exactly.
    Or am I all wrong?
    Got it Memorized?

try a different line of thinking... how can you either:

a. view the source without visiting the page

or

b. keep the password prompt and/or the automatic redirection script from working?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

OK. I've got as far as level 3 - but only by using the results of someone else's google search, although maybe if I'd read your post before doing that I'd have figured it out. I hope so. I'm beginning to feel on a par with the guy who cut off part of his graphics card how can anyone be this blind? I didn't even manage to get the answers by searching google myself, someone else in an irc channel found another forum thread on it!

Having said that, I think level 2 is easier than level 1. Of course it's easy to say that when you approach it knowing the answer.

Needless to say I'm totally stuck on level 3. What looks like it ought to be the password just doesn't work and I have no idea where to go on it. Somebody tell me if it needs advanced knowledge of php/C#/openbsd installed or whether an ordinary windows user can crack it? I'd just like to know if it's worth attempting or whether I'd be better off honing my google skills.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    try a different line of thinking... how can you either:

a. view the source without visiting the page

or

b. keep the password prompt and/or the automatic redirection script from working?
    Yes, I meant to say "view the source without visiting the page" in my previous post. But I cant remember the command to do that. You had to add something to the url, but what command was that again?
    Got it Memorized?

Moira: view posts 12-15 ... that might help...

Unimatrix 2: I don't know of the command you are thinking of... here is a big hint... right-click on the link to the next page ... is there anything in that menu that might help you? or alternatively you could disable a certain feature in your browser... but I have probably said too much...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Woohoo .... level 4! I've yet to do anything clever to get an answer though. I understand why the answer to level 3 was what it was, but I'm fairly sure I couldn't have worked it out for myself.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Thanks for your help Westin, but I know the command again:
    Here maybe this will help you too sometime: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...iew-source.asp
    Got it Memorized?

I'm onto Level 6!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature