Thread: *nix File systems under windows xp

*nix File systems under windows xp

I just picked up a 12 in one card reader that will do CF and SD both i use in my linux pda project... Now i found software that lets me read and write to them under windows... but is any one aware of software that will let me format devices to somthing like ext 2 or 3?
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

You could use linux... a boot cd. Or, you can use just about any partition software. Partition Magic is one I use. Or, gparted. It's a linux boot cd that uses parted. It's very similar to partition magic and no license fees. I've used gparted on a couple of occasions.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I could... i have a nix system but it means switching monitors... and moving the unit and finding a driver... i do most of my work on the windows box and so wanted to do it quickly. I had make2fs on the pda but for some reason any time format the cards with it they refuse to mount... Its like it doesnt make them right.
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

Well, with the live CD, there is no need to move monitors and whatnot.
    Just put in the live cd and boot to it. (or USB if you wish)
    Last edited by phishphreek; January 5th, 2007 at 01:29 PM.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.