Server 2003 DFS problem

Thread: Server 2003 DFS problem

Server 2003 DFS problem

Ok so we are running DFS on 2 of our servers at different locations. We have roaming profiles setup and every ones home directories are on the DFS share //company/company-data/users/username so every once in a while you will see it create a folder called usernam_NTFRS***** stars being a bunch of random numbers. it then creates another folder with just there user name again. So i have one user whos user folder keeps dissapearing and it keeps creating a new username_NTFRS***** and it dosn't recreate his user folder so you go in and create him a new folder then half an hour later it creates yet another username_NTFRS*****. Does any one have any idea what is going on with this?

AOs Resident Troll
    Probably has to do with the replication ...???

DFS is creating a temporary file and storing it til it replicates to the other server??

not sure...but after a quick read of the FAQs...that about sounds right

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

The other day i disabled replication to the other server to see if that would fix it but it didn't have any affect it still did it.

AOs Resident Troll
    So is it causing an issue???

Whats the point of DFS if you disable the replication?

I have no experience with the product...but I understand the concept ..I think...(old novell days coming back)

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I remember it being useful mainly because you didn't need to change paths whenever you moved network resources to a different machine. In most other ways it was counterintuitive and painful.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency