Thread: lg lightscribe writer problem

Unhappy lg lightscribe writer problem

Hi ppl,
    I havent been as active as i use to be but i am back now so ya..Anyway guys i have a problem with my new lig lightscribe dvd writer..It reads all or most of all the discs you buy included in software bundles and so on but my problem comes when i write a dvd disc, whether it be with nero, or with the software that came with it..writing it is no problem but as soon as i put it back in to check if everything is there it does not want to read the disc..

Sometimes i am lucky and it reads 1 out of 10..One of my friends has the same one and tried to d/load the latest firmware but to no avail..ended up changing it..

I know that you get special lightscribe dvds but is that not just for printing the labels?

P.S. When i put the disc into a normal dvd rom it reads it fine so ..

Any ideas guys?
    Thanks
    Vanman
    Practise what you preach.

Hi,

The first thing I try in these situations is different media. I would also recommend using DVD+ rather than DVD- (that is a long story I won't go into here).

Try burning at a slower rate than the maximum.

Thanks nihil i will try that and see...It is just frustrating to buy the latest hardware which is suppose to do everything and then this kind of thing happens..Imagine one of your clients buying this and then you have to explain the situation to them in a language they can understand..

Hi there mate!

I come across this fairly regularly, as do my friends. I got a DVD of some airshows from a mate and it just won't play on the LG DVD on this machine........... yet it works just fine on my wife's Dell

Quick question: does it actually detect that there is media there?

Also: anything in the log files? or do you get any messages?

Sometimes it does detect the media by just showing the turning cd icon next to the cursur..Havent checked the log files jet but will do..

If you try differnt types of memory and it still does not work I would just a new one. DVD burners are pretty cheap these days and its not worth the pain. I personally only buy plextors but they are pricey. Something like a Liteon or AOpen is fine though.

$80 Plextor:
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=173449