Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Firefox Plugin

Sorry, it goes to another page for about 2 seconds, then immediately jumps to a page which displays "problem loading page". It doesn't give me time to do anything at all.

What's obvious in all this, is the average person isn't going to go to all this trouble just to view my xmas video I can only hope most people use IE which works fine!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    So all this for an avi file eh? Can you PM me your site link so I can take a peek under the hood.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, it does indeed seem firefox has an issue with plugins for both

<embed> and <object>

in reference to avi. You can try to "hack" it by adding a different mime type and seeing if the player has the ability to deal withit. Its not full proof though.

So, a solution here is to import the avi file into flash and using that as the "player".

I PM'ed you a full working solution

-xmaddness
    Last edited by xmaddness; January 30th, 2007 at 01:48 AM.

Many thanks xmaddress, I think it's brilliant As I PM'd you though, I really don't think I want the video playing every time someone visits the index page of the site, it will drive visitors away

I wonder if there's any option to add controls to play/not play the content?

PS Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this, I really appreciate it
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

In the end I've settled for just posting a link to the damned video however, I tried to do something slightly clever and link to mms://www.etc/video and although it lanched the box about an external application asking to be opened, I got the error that WMP couldn't connect to the server.

I gather I need to include the code for media player applet and can't just stick a link in - anyone know how to do this?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature