Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: win32.luder?

win32.luder?

hi all, while working all day my gf decided to download a mail program from I guess an unknown mail name address off of yahoo mail lol, anyways I can't boot up now long enough to try to remove it before I get a blue screen, anyone seen this virus/worm? it win32.luder, not sure if A or C or what but i had the free edition of avast running with the free zonealarm, and since avast wasnt deleting i tryed a trial edition of kaspersky but where i messed up I had to do a uninstall of zonealarm, whick must have been blocking it, but if anyone know a program which might get rid of this **** lol I would give ya a big hug lol, sorry all if spelling in all is bad, getting drunk

forgot to post everytime it boots it says something about alsys.exe file if that helps

I guess you have tried running your AV in safe mode?

Try booting into safe mode with network support and runing the PC-Cillin online scan called "housecall"............ or the one from Panda Software or whoever else you fancy.

EDIT: Make sure that you reinstall and activate a firewall first.
    Last edited by nihil; January 22nd, 2007 at 01:01 AM.

havent tryed network will try, trying cillien thanks respond in a min, hope it stays up on long enough, thanks so far

oh nihil, wont run pc chillen when i hit the scan button maybe in safe mode i cant run active x or whatever , ill try panda

Here's CA's take on w32.luder:

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/v....aspx?id=60525

Sounds like a booger...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Have you tried doing a System Restore

HTH....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

thanks all for the help still working on it, tryed a system restore but files still there i guess, keeps leaving me files under c: like game0 game1 game2, up to five files like this, I'll keep you all posted

Quote Originally Posted by david244us
    thanks all for the help still working on it, tryed a system restore but files still there i guess, keeps leaving me files under c: like game0 game1 game2, up to five files like this, I'll keep you all posted
    Try downloading PREVX: http://free.prevx.com/

DEFINITION OF: GAME0.EXE
    As it's a Trojan you could also try Stinger_Trojan_Removal from McAfee

Claude Swanson

You can try PREVX it has a 30 day trial, but it has tips on removing your particular issue..

DEFINITION OF: GAME0.EXE.EXE
    • Safety Rating: Known Malware, do not run
    • Malware Family: Part of Malware group - Trojan ADIRSS
    • Determination: Automatically determined using Prevx1 centralized heuristics
    As it's a Trojan you can also get Stinger from McAfee...

Just so you know:
    alsys.exe (Activity Logger Spyware) - Details

If a program by the name of alsys.exe is running on your computer, you may have a spyware program known as 'activity logger' installed on your computer. This program could have been installed via an installation package (possibly with another application). The 'activity logger' program may record your emails, record your key-strokes, and take screen-shots
    alsys.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because spyware removal programs flag Activity Logger Spyware as spyware, but also because a number of users have complained about its performance.
    Activity Logger Spyware is likely spyware and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of alsys.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, such as slow performance, loss of data or leaking private information.

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/alsys.asp

Claude Swanson