Thread: Migrating wsus w/ cross cables

Migrating wsus w/ cross cables

Not to take up our bandwidth, I want to migrate wsus from one machine locally to another with a simple cross cable setup. I need to know what other programs and steps I need to take to insure that the registries and all other important information is copyed without problems. All other suggestions would be helpfull! Thanks

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derekeftink
    Not to take up our bandwidth, I want to migrate wsus from one machine locally to another with a simple cross cable setup. I need to know what other programs and steps I need to take to insure that the registries and all other important information is copyed without problems. All other suggestions would be helpfull! Thanks

Derek
    It should be quite simple.

I actually just did this (kind of) because of a hard drive failure.

Copy the database, copy the WSUS update folder.

Do a fresh install of your database app, and all the program prereqs.
    So, basically, install it like your'e setting it up for the first time.

Then, simply copy over the update store and restore the database.

Worked for me and only took a couple of hours.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Exactly how did you copy to the other drive, cables or burn the info to disk. If you used cables can you be more specific how this is done.