Thread: Installing checkpoint in a brand new Nokia IP390

Installing checkpoint in a brand new Nokia IP390

Hi all, we've just purchased a Nokia IP390 with Checkpoint License. I've been trying to install without success. The firewall it's flash-based but it has additional disk installed as well. My doubts are:

- Which version to download??: I decide to install R61 since R62 seems to be too new. But what's the difference between Checkpoint Pro/Express and Checkpoint UTM??

- Anyway I tried to install both and in all cases when I execute cpconfig at the end of the process I can't configure SmartCenter... And then the question is: Is it possible to install the Enforcement Module + SmartCenter in a Nokia IP390 with optional disk?

- In case isn't possible to do so, I looked for SmartCenter for Windows or Linux in the usercenter but I can't find it!

As you see I'm quite off the road here so I'll really appreciate any help (since the technical support from checkpoint isn't good neither).

Thank you!!

Just Another Geek
    The easiest is to get in touch with a reseller.. They can help you with the install.. Also note the type of licence you have. They're usually tied to a certain configuration and/or software options..

Also note the IPSO version, you may need to upgrade that first.

It's been a while since I installed Checkpoint on a Nokia..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Which IPSO is installed on the Nokia ? I think you might need version 4.0 or 4.1 for R61. In my believe Checkpoint Pro/Express will do for you. Normally you would not install SmartCenter on the Firewall itself.

You would install Smartcenter on a central platform from on which you manage the firewall. Then with SmartCOnsole you would connect with your PC or laptop to the smartcenter server. I even think its only possible on a windows platform to install Smartcenter and the firewall on the same box.

Try to insert the checkpoint cd into a linux (Secureplatorm), Solaris or a windows test box and try to install the smartcenter there.
    Last edited by Raiden; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:16 AM.

Hi, few updates:

- My reseller service sucks, I'm working to change that but for now is how it is.
    - I think that finally I figured out whats wrong. Indeed it's impossible to install the SmartCenter + Enforcement on a Nokia Flash-Based platform, that's why we purchased the optional disk (btw, a laptop disk that costs 600 EUR). Thanks to the "wonderfull" service I got, I finally installed the disk myself and I followed the only instructions I had about it, which made me configure the disk as "log disk". After few days of investigation I think that here is where I have the problem, because I should install the disk to become an Hybrid-based platform. So all what I need is the procedure to transform a flash-based platform to hybrid-based.... and then install checkpoint!

Thank you for your help!