Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fair warning for all northern UK members

I've already seen much of Northern England a couple of times (and southern). This is the foray into Scotland. We already booked Edinburgh so not much can be done there

Try haggis my friend, preferably after several large straight malts............ they help you forget that it was cooked in the stomach bag of a sheep

You also need "neeps" (turnips) and "taties" (potatoes) both of which should be served mashed

I s'pose I'll have to, but it'll be the 1st time I've eaten something cooked inside an organ. Hang on, I forgot about sausage. Intestines are an organ. Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I s'pose I'll have to, but it'll be the 1st time I've eaten something cooked inside an organ. Hang on, I forgot about sausage. Intestines are an organ. Never mind
    There's always Black pudding if the Haggis is a no go..
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

D'OH! No, there are many, many things in this world that should NEVER be pudding, and I would hasten to say that blood is one of em.

You could go for white pudding, I'm not sure what it is, but there's no blood in it.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

I don't wanna think about what it MIGHT be

I think it's basically fat ....
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Then it's definitely out. In my case I think that'd constitute cannibalism.

No fat eh? In Scotland? I don't think that deep-fried-mars-bars are fatty as such but if you're on a diet then they are perhaps the worst thing ever.
    Well I assume that you've already had a good Anglo-Indian curry, in which case the only remaining consumable that you simply must indulge in is the local booze, the Scots drink stout, bitter and whiskey, merely ask the landlord what to drink, and he'll be glad to help you out (also, check out the smoke free atmosphere that is soon to be adopted throughout the UK)
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me