Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi oldies and new ones.

LOL, no, definitely not the same JP, and yes I do work for JM.

The story of the upgrade is simple, we could no longer secure the old software, vbulletin had stopped supporting it ages ago, and it was no longer maintainable.

um.... But dude I dont like the new looks. Everything is so hidden. Even the Vbulletin board is not placed in a standard format. I mean index points to recent posts and forums.php is the index page of all the forums. Plus I dont see anything like old .. I really miss the old touch.
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Well sorry, but the old forum is gone for good. There wasn't any choice any longer. The main page of the site has recent posts, and what possible difference could it make what the url is, whether it says index.php or forums.php?

Ability to adapt to change is essential for all life

Yeah... but I dont see any link to the forums.php .. on the frontpage ..
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yuvraj
    Yeah... but I dont see any link to the forums.php .. on the frontpage ..
    Look under "Site Menu" on the righthand side of the page.

Cheers:
    DjM

Yep! I saw it .... But a normal Vbulletin users will take Home Page link as the forum link. So, I think you guys should try in something like Forums Home or something similar ...

Also what about the old members like ... Negative, Memory or Nemory and SwordFish ... Damn I forgot a lot of old buddies in here. Are they regular here.

Negative is a moderator...MemorY is still here i beleive although I can't recall his new handle

I have been here since there use to be a guy named Memory then he changed his name to Nemory. I dont know what his name is now.
    from my own roll call... who's still here??

Quote Originally Posted by ©opy®ight
    Well I'm still here if you remember me...maybe not this username but MemorY may ring a bell....
    You may also want to refer to

Which oldies are still here ?

BTW, I too definitely liked the old look and feel, but was not sorry when the new owners changed the color of the slogan: that purple had to go!
    ( There was a contest a while back for the new slogan )

And although I completely understand the necessity of the upgrade I am still unclear as to why the formatting of the pages could not be adjusted to match something closer to the original: but then again, I have little knowledge of vBulletin. The old site was unequivocally easier to read and navigate.
    Last edited by IKnowNot; February 1st, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

lol memories...
    back in the IRC days where we use to harass JP and Brad on a daily basis...