Try Vista for free!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try Vista for free!!

Try Vista for free!!

http://www.windowsvistatestdrive.com

Try out vista for free just enter an email address (real or fake) and it lets you test it out

It's Friday and I'm to lazy to investigate and I also may be to cynical but I would not give them a production email address and would be very cautious of that sites intentions.

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: WINDOWSVISTATESTDRIVE.COM
    Created on: 29-Nov-06
    Expires on: 29-Nov-07
    Last Updated on:

Am I being to paranoid or does this seem fishy to anyone else?
    Last edited by stevel; February 2nd, 2007 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevel
    Am I being to paranoid or does this seem fishy to anyone else?
    The links that don't go anywhere are enough to convince me that it is far from legit.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtuali...t_offer_1.html

January 14, 2007

Microsoft Offers Online Trial of Windows Vista OS
    Filed under: General News

Microsoft Virtual Labs launched a new Test Drive site to help give exposure to the Windows Vista operating system. The test drive site allows anyone to launch and try out various scenarios in a completely isolated, sandbox environment before they purchase and install the product on their own equipment.

In the past, many Microsoft applications have been made available on a test drive or trial basis by utilizing a Citrix client connection. The Vista OS trial is more of an "eat your own dog food" type demonstration as Microsoft is utilizing Microsoft Virtual Server to push out the trial.

In order to test drive this online trial, you must be using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, you must have JavaScript enabled, and you must install the ActiveX control "Virtual Server VRMC Advanced Control" from Microsoft. And don't forget about your popup blocking software. Mine complained numerous times as I tried to launch various scenarios within this test drive.

The Test Drive of the operating system is being powered by Microsoft Virtual Labs. In this particular test drive, Microsoft attempts to showcase four main areas of Windows Vista Business: Safe-Efficient-Connected-Collaborative. Each of these topics contains a number of videos and labs, which all-in-all total around 18.

While I personally found that the videos and step-by-step scenarios were all very helpful in learning about the product and how to use it, my experience with the actual hands-on Vista desktop interaction was quite slow. The video refresh and redraw of the graphics on this virtual machine was at times painful. But I expected that going into this demonstration, knowing how graphic intensive Windows Vista would be and combining that with the fact that I was using a remote connection over the Internet to run the test drive.

If you haven't installed or used Windows Vista yet, I invite you to try this product test drive. Visit the following Web site to begin your trial.
    Posted by David Marshall on January 14, 2007 09:21 AM | TrackBack (0)

It is legit, but horribly slow. It feels like I'm using terminal services over a dial up connection. You also have to use IE6 or above and install an active x control. The active x control is signed by m$.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yea I tried useing it with Opera and It wouldnt let me install the ActiveX control. So I Then tried it with IE6 and It worked. It doesn't seem to me its what vista is really like though, It just seems like they used the vista Startbar for it and thats about it.

Custom User
    Thing is, if you were that desperate to try it for free, you could have downloaded a beta version of it a few months back. And I know how slow Virtual Server can be even over a lan - had to use it quite a lot for work at one point - nevermind over the internet.

ac

I never heard anything about a beta version that can be downloaded....is it still available?

Vista *spits* .... don't talk to me about Vista! For the 3rd night in a row, I'm going to have about 3 hours sleep before getting up for work. I've installed Vista on 3 PCs, one install having to be repeated and also causing me to reinstall XP on that machine (they're all running as dual boots).

I'm currently trying to work out why my surround sound speakers won't play songs in surround sound, although individually the speakers test fine. In XP they play in surround sound no problem at all. Am I realy supposed to buy another sound card? And bluetooth (specially MSI bluetoes) in Vista - don't even go there!

I have to start work at 6 am tomorrow and then go to install somebody's Sky Broadband (adsl2) which is a wireless config his neighbour (who is an engineer) has already had problems with. Apparently there may be a fault on the line - great!

If I never seen another computer for as long as I live, it will be too soon!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Banned
    Moira... I can't help but ask (and I'm only asking 'cause you're drooling... I mean spitting... on Vista): are your systems Vista Capable? Even more important: are they Vista READY?