Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac better than Windows?

Mac better than Windows?

http://www.apple.com/getamac/?cid=CD...6D#see_reasons

Apple sent me an email (how they got my email I dont know) saying if your thinking about upgrading to Vista try out Mac first. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonic
    http://www.apple.com/getamac/?cid=CD...6D#see_reasons

Apple sent me an email (how they got my email I dont know) saying if your thinking about upgrading to Vista try out Mac first. LOL
    An opposing viewpoint...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...006031,00.html
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.
    That's awesome!

PCs have charm; Macs ooze pretension. When I sit down to use a Mac, the first thing I think is, "I hate Macs", and then I think, "Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?" Losing that second mouse button feels like losing a limb. If the ads were really honest, Webb would be standing there with one arm, struggling to open a packet of peanuts while Mitchell effortlessly tore his apart with both hands.
    I like this guy...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Personally, I like Window's feng shui...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Operating System: (WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build #2600)) ¤ Uptime: (23h 31m 20s) ¤ Record: (4w 4d 22h 36m 4s set on Sun Jul 23 19:50:34 2006)
    Home was installed on Monday, September 26 2005

windows works for me just fine .. when you set it right remove all the crap from it secure it works without a problem !

w
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

Actually it is fairly predictable marketing hype. Macs always used to be rather more expensive that PCs, but I think that Vista (the top editions at least) will quite possibly have changed that.

My initial impressions of Vista is that there is possibly a version missing? There is a Home Basic, but no business version that does not have Aero.

If you look around most businesses you will see that their operations software hasn't really changed that much since Win 3.11/DOS. Purchase invoices, sales invoices, sales order processing, inventory management, word processing, spreadsheets and the like.............you don't need fancy graphics for that

On the other hand you do want the security features.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Actually it is fairly predictable marketing hype. Macs always used to be rather more expensive that PCs, but I think that Vista (the top editions at least) will quite possibly have changed that.

My initial impressions of Vista is that there is possibly a version missing? There is a Home Basic, but no business version that does not have Aero.

If you look around most businesses you will see that their operations software hasn't really changed that much since Win 3.11/DOS. Purchase invoices, sales invoices, sales order processing, inventory management, word processing, spreadsheets and the like.............you don't need fancy graphics for that

On the other hand you do want the security features.
    I don't think we'll see PCs become more expensive... I think we'll see the playing field level out.... Apple is hurting if they don't get a new OS out in the near future and I don't know that they are in a position to do that...

As for the fancy graphics for businesses... It's the equivalent to what game makers are doing to the home user.... force an upgrade...It's smart.. because businesses will spend the money..

As a Side note I find it funny that everyone is up in arms that Vista requires modern hardware, but nobody cries when video games drive the hardware industry by requiring ridiculous specs.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    The only way to have fun with a Mac is to poke its insufferable owner in the eye
    That just made my day. hahahahaha.
    As for the Apple commericals, well, you gotta hand it to them. They are inaccurate depictions of an Apple/PC comparison which only an idiot would fall for - considering the typical user...that's brilliant marketing.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Here are the UK versions of those ads, I must admit I like these ones (if I must like one or the other...) more then the North American versions...funny actually North America is forever ripping off the UK's TV shows (The Office etc) and now it's reversed, but yet still the UK version is better...

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/briti...ads-232143.php
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson