Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Germany restaurant killings

Custom User

Germany restaurant killings

Hi,

Article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/germany/ar...006655,00.html

Just wanted to see what people make of this - it's the sort of thing that you expect to see in a film: apparently the people were all bound up and shot at point blank range - the killers even went to the trouble of picking up the empty shells. Sick.

Sorry the link probably isn't to the best article.

ac

The shells thing is generally the sign of a pro or someone who watches enough movies to know that cops match casings to bullets to guns to find a trail of who possibly did it. So that is fairly common for the big boys.

ich bin enttäuscht total enttäuscht.

The article says that triad involvement was suspected. Triads are the Chinese equivalent of the Mafia. From what I hear, they are actually more ruthless. So I imagine there is more to this story than meets the eye. Then again most of my knowledge of Triads comes from Lethal Weapon 4 ...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

You can actually learn a bit from movies that some people think is pure fiction. I learned about Thorazine from Halloween for example, that's a real thing I didn't know was real until one day I looked it up to see if it was just made up.

Hmm, just looked it up on Wiki, appears you're pretty close from what you learned in the movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad

Custom User
    I also had looked up the triads on Wiki, and the thing that I found strange about this is that it says in the article that in general they don't tend to get involved in killings if at all possible since it tends to be costly (and presumably risky).

The reason I said it was sick was because it's not like the killers suddenly went of their heads in a frenzy and shot the people, they obviously knew what they were doing and had planned it. Apparently someone was arrested with blueprints of the restaurant; it must have been fairly well planned.

ac

Thorazine? Tried it once in the 70's. That stuff's no joke...turns you
    into a vegetable for a while. The movies do NOT do it justice. It's
    absolutely horrid. I don't think they even use it anymore, do they?
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by brokencrow
    Thorazine? Tried it once in the 70's. That stuff's no joke...turns you
    into a vegetable for a while. The movies do NOT do it justice. It's
    absolutely horrid. I don't think they even use it anymore, do they?
    I think they still use it as a sort of 'chemical straight jacket' ... not positive though.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Shells?

My S&W K-38 (Model 14) never spewed them out at any time?

Talking Ejected casings?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Shells? My S&W K-38 (Model 14) never spewed them out at any time?
    Good point, nihil ;-)
    jmho, guys, but any real pro will not take the time to look around for ejected casings; he'll shoot and scoot then change the firing pin and barrel (or modify them) or ditch the piece over the next bridge, depending on his time crunch. A pro making a hit is not on a budget that makes him need to retain the piece; only wannabes and foolywood authors play that game. The one thing the pro (or anyone else) can't control are the rifling marks on the lead still in the victims which can ID the piece as well as, or better than, the chamber/firing pin marks on the ejected brass, so why take time to go looking all over the floor for empty brass. But then, this is a whole 'nuther realm of discussion.
    No matter if it's a Chinese restaraunt in Germany, or Luby's in Texas, or Home Depot in boogaloosa, or a hundred other incidents i can remember right now if the innocent, honest citizens are not armed they are targets with few places to go when the perps show up.
    If you think that gathering up ejected brass from an autoloading pistol can be done in a restauaunt with tables, chairs, and slick floors where brass can slide for thirty feet in any direction, take just one afternoon and go burn a couple magazines standing in one place at the range or wherever you do your targets. If you wait until both magazines are empty, and then start looking for *all* your brass (remember, in the cafe the perps were not shooting at one stationary target from one place with both feet firmly planted) start the stopwatch again. By the time you find all your brass in the field the polizi from the next country could have made it to the cafe. The point i'm making is that gathering up brass would only be worth the time for wannabes, or someone who knows for a fact that he (they) have all the time in the world, or someone so cheap they have to reload their used brass, in which case they really should find another field of endeavor...
    Of course, this is all jmho.

Yep, a pro doesn't keep the piece unless it is a really fancy sniping rifle? a Lite .50 perhaps.................... but then you are shooting from far enough away to make an orderly extraction?

If they haven't found brass at the scene then I would say the perps used revolvers.

As for ballistics............. with a semi-auto it is a few seconds to change the barrel & firing pin?

Anyways, Take a steel turk's head brush and a liberal amount of Motty paste......... scrub it thoroughly, fire 50 rounds of FMJ then clean it again and fire another 50 rounds............. ballistics will tell you S&W, Colt, Glock, Desert Eagle, Beretta or whatever, but it won't match to a specific piece.

And I would use either the Glaser safety round or mercury explosives......... no ballistics there

Another "trade secret" is to roll your own using lead shot and candle wax