February 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Home Server (Windows)
I've been pimping this over at VirtualDr, but I completely forgot to do it over here. Windows Home Server:
- It automatically backs up all your PCs, presenting restore options as both files and full system images.
- It handles redundancy across hard drives for the stuff you put on it. No messing with RAID arrays, and you can add/remove disks over time.
- It automatically backs up all your PCs.
- You can log into the server over the Internet and get at your shared data.
- You can log into the server over the Internet and remote control your PCs.
- It automatically backs up all your PCs and lets you restore individual files and full system images.
- At the moment they're saying it'll be available off-the-shelf and as OEM software so you can build your own.
As someone who was about to build a file server here and then try to build in a backup system I could get my parents and brother using, this is so incredibly cool. And even better, it works.
Public beta expressions of interest are open now too:
Make sure your browser is not logged into Passport / Windows Live when you visit the signup link, or it won't work.
By ThePreacher in forum Miscellaneous Security Discussions
Last Post: December 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
By gore in forum Microsoft Security Discussions
Last Post: September 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
By Tiger Shark in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: March 4th, 2004, 04:00 PM
By gore in forum Tech Humor
Last Post: October 1st, 2003, 08:53 PM
By spools.exe in forum Microsoft Security Discussions
Last Post: September 15th, 2003, 09:47 PM