Heads up MS Word 0 day!

Thread: Heads up MS Word 0 day!

Heads up MS Word 0 day!

I just saw this, seems to be quite specific in its target but could be reused?

It wasn't covered in the February patches.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=197006393

Specific in its target? Doesn't Office XP ship with Windows XP? I'm fairly sure it would cover a fairly large demographic.
    Of course the point here, is just yet another reason not to open unsolicited attachments.

Also, although it's not patched yet, it can be identified by the "OneCare" scanner, although I'm not sure how many people use that.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

I think it was saying the attack itself was specific. It wasn't mass mailed to a large number of users, it was sent to two people that work for the same company.
    Mad Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by the tree
    Specific in its target? Doesn't Office XP ship with Windows XP? I'm fairly sure it would cover a fairly large demographic.
    Of course the point here, is just yet another reason not to open unsolicited attachments.

Also, although it's not patched yet, it can be identified by the "OneCare" scanner, although I'm not sure how many people use that.
    Office XP is not shipped with XP by default. (Actually, no Office version.) I've seen it bundled with specific OEMs and sometimes Office is bundled as a trial version. However, if you go install a retail XP version, Office is not included.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.