Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the Universe Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by foxyloxley

maybe there's a bloody good reason WHY we can't explain / advance any further using science

so lets try Fantasy, and as said elsewhere, advanced technology IS indistinguishable from magic, so lets go down that route
    Let's try God.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Let's try God.
    lets not and say we did... (/stirs pot....big pot)
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

maybe there's a bloody good reason WHY we can't explain / advance any further using science
    Hi Foxy you old scamp... the problem with that statement is we do and are. Everyyear theories advanced decades ago are proven or disproven and replaced.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Foxy I've said this before, but I do love your nick
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Just to add more fuel to the fire, it seems more Americans believe in God rather than evolution than we might have been assuming (always said they were an intelligent race )

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17879317/site/newsweek/
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Just to pick up on a point made in another lengthy thread, scroll down to no 2 here, Horizons, which gives pause for thought. As the article points out, the visible universe is 28 million light years apart, yet has only been in existence for 14 million light years and heat couldn't have travelled at a faster speed than the speed of light to create the equilibrium we now have between the hot and cold spots created by any "big bang".

Surely this makes a case for a creator?
    Well here's the first problem:
    light years = distance
    years = time
    28 million light years = distance
    14 million light years = distance
    14 million years = time

The second, is that objects were closer durring the big bang, so there really is no reason why we need heat (energy) to tavel over the speed of light to heat the rest of the universe. It simply packed up some heat and moved out after childhood.
    Hi.

Just to add more fuel to the fire, it seems more Americans believe in God rather than evolution than we might have been assuming (always said they were an intelligent race )

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17879317/site/newsweek/
    I never consider these kinds of questionaires reliable. IMO, I breaks down to this: if you ask someone whom consider themselves a God fearing/believing individual to choose between the Bible and science, they will choose the Bible no matter what they truely think. This is for a number of reasons.

Some Christians try to make evolution co-inside with their faith, but more and more simply choose not to go the difficult route of actually objectively justifying their beliefs or running the risk of exposing themselves to contrary evidence. It's alot easier just to curl into the fetal position and chant "jesus loves me".
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Rubbish! I think the opposite - it's becoming harder and harder to admit to being a christian or have belief and faith. Just look at the reaction to me in this thread. It takes a brave person to actually come out and say, "yes, I believe in the bible, the trinity and in God". Much more socially inclusive to go down the evolution route.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Banned
    In scientific middles, it is indeed easier to go down the "evolution route" - those who don't are being ridiculed by scientists. That, in my opinion, is the big lesson we (and especially Moira) should learn from this thread: you can believe all you want (as in: you're free to believe whatever you want), but - and I've said this before - expect to be ridiculed by the scientific community if you try to apply your "science" to religion.

The "reaction to [you] in this thread" is mainly due because of your trying to apply scientific concepts of which you have little to no knowledge (it's very obvious that you do not even understand the basic fundamental principles of evolution; the million/billion "typo" is another great example), rather than a reaction to your belief system.

Rubbish! You simply confirm all I've said. And all along, I don't believe the message of creation is a complex one, indeed it wasn't intended to be that way, only to be understood by the most superior and learned of minds. It's a simple message that anyone can understand and grasp. It's not about understanding science - it's hard to explain, it's about opening up your mind and freeing it of all the materialistic junk in there that's holding back true revelation and thought. Anyone can do that - it's a message that the least educated simpleton can believe in and understand at the level they can relate most appropriately to.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature