Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dangers of computer games

dangers of computer games

Hello every one.
    I seen this story on the dangers of playing online rpgs. I though it was important enugh to give you a heads up. If any of your friends are having similar memory losses they may need help as it may have serious consequences for their lives.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6425333.stm
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Lol....too much, a cross dressing "elf" give me a break.....oh well what do you expect from the land of fairies and leprechauns.....

On a serious note though, I don't see the blurring of Fantasy and Reality to be a problem with games, more a problem with maturity or lack thereof....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

First, Shadowrun is not a massive multiplayer online RPG. Unless you consider those who run MUD's based on the long running text based roleplay game created by FASA (who also created Crimson Wings, Mech Warrior, along with many others). I believe the content is controlled by Wizkids.LLC in the US and WizPro or something publishing company in Germany.

To each his own, but this guy needs help, ALOT of help.

I'm with dalek on this one. People who can't tell the difference between games/tv and reality have an underlying problem. Its not the game/tv that is at fault.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Dalek,
    Closest i could get to something with a paddy days theme this early. Cross dressing elves. Still maybe I should have posted this is tech humor.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Everyone knows you're supposed to dress like a Halfling Bard when you rob an underwear store.
    Does anyone have any etiquette anymore?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Hello every one.
    I seen this story on the dangers of playing online rpgs. I though it was important enugh to give you a heads up. If any of your friends are having similar memory losses they may need help as it may have serious consequences for their lives.
    A bit much don't you think? Seriously, the guy is a mental case... Heres the proof;

Mr Boyd, who said he visits a psychiatrist regularly,
    A Psychiatrist? This guy is mentally ill thats why he sees a psychiatrist.

He didnt go see a psychologist, he regulary sees a psychiatrist. Huge difference. I say, he must have good insurance or a lot of money, cause to sit down and talk with one is about 75.00 for 30 minutes or 150.00 an hour.
    Last edited by Computernerd22; March 7th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

/me whacks a snail with a lvl 35 maple staff

Thank God for Dalek, ShagDevil and NVZSC. computernerd my comments were meant to be a bit much. Can you just picture the scene in the court. Put john cleese as judge and rowan atikson as the defendant. It would be a scene worthy of Monty python.
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22
    A bit much don't you think? Seriously, the guy is a mental case... Heres the proof;

A Psychiatrist? This guy is mentally ill thats why he sees a psychiatrist.

He didnt go see a psychologist, he regulary sees a psychiatrist. Huge difference. I say, he must have good insurance or a lot of money, cause to sit down and talk with one is about 75.00 for 30 minutes or 150.00 an hour.
    No, he is a citizen of the United Kingdom. We have a National Health Service, so his treatment will be funded by the taxpayer