Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Office 2007

Exactly. I have it on the PC running Vista but kept Office 2003 on the other PCs. To be honest, I've yet to discover something I actually like better in 2007, but the "developer" side is less catered for and the VBA is less high profile (it isn't even easy to find).
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

You might say i am overexaggerating things but i find that one note 2007 ans office groove 2007 are simple too good.

I can go as far to say that microsoft has, with the release of these 2 products, has gone on to remove the pain for all the complaints i had had with them over multiple issues, be it on OS or on other fronts.

These 2 products have simplified the way i work. The note making is something i had not tried in the 2003 version and is new for me. The groove is new in this office release only.

Be sure to go through the walkthrough of features in one note and experiment a bit with groove. I found them pretty useful. I would say that donot go by the reputation of microsoft for making lousy products and marketing them well. These are 2 of the coolest things in the office package.

Cheers
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

The main difficulty I find with the new version of Office is that Access is so different. However, I keep telling myself there are better database programs to learn. Nobody uses Acces in real life - what do people reckon is the best database app, which would be more use than getting used to Access all over again?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek
    There is one in the "office button" in the top left.
    weird...

looks like a windows start menu built inside office. kinda like having 2x the windows, 2x the fun!

Fun ..
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

learn SQL?
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    The main difficulty I find with the new version of Office is that Access is so different. However, I keep telling myself there are better database programs to learn. Nobody uses Access in real life - what do people reckon is the best database app, which would be more use than getting used to Access all over again?
    Moira, they most certainly do............ where do you think that all the "user mushrooms" come from?

Access is a excellent tool for ad hoc developments, prototyping and data analysis. The main problem is that people try to use it for things it is not really suitable for.

If you want something that is robust, flexible, multisite and multiuser, then look at SQL. However, SQL applications cost extra money and require training......... hard to justify for casual users given that Access is already paid for and licenced.

If you look at all the other office suites you will find that they all contain something similar to Access. It is the lowest level of RDBM application.

Ah that reassures me. I've had people diss everything I know about Access, saying nobody seriously uses it for anything other than tin pot applications. When I was learning datasets in VB, I was told that we'd "practice on an Access database, but IRL nobody would be using Access for a project requiring datasets and VB to connect to it".

Of course, learning Access inevitably requires learning a bit of SQL but not huge amounts. 3 types of query can only be done in SQL and it's often just easier to write the code - a maze of windows translates into one small line of SQL half the time.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature