What Do Hackers Want? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Do Hackers Want?

he did a spam ddos attack with 3 mates and pennies.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Personally when a vending machine is the problem, generally a half filled two litre with the salt of one full salt shaker from Denny's put in the coin slot drops out all pop inside.

Of course I've only done this once and REALLY was thirsty, and if you've ever been to Michigan no one gives anyone a dollar if they ask so it was a last option to get a drink in the middle of Summer.

Guess your summers are really hot?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Well, I lived in Michigan, which means Winter is freezing, but Summer, I live in Port Huron which is the Eastern most point in Michigan, right on the water, so Humidity even in Winter is almost 100%, and it gets up to over 100 degrees F so yea it does get to the point where when I would just go outside to have a smoke I'd be just sitting there sweating without even moving.

Michigan is weird like that. I brought it up once and some people were like basically calling me a criminal, and I was explaining to one who lived in Michigan that they probably know that when you're thirsty and don't have a dime on you no one is going to just give you a dollar.

It's not like I'm all proud or that I think it was no biggie, I mean I don't really steal much. The other time I know I stole something I was 4 years old and at a store the lottery booth had a thing of Pencils and it said take one, so I did. My Mom made me go back and tell them what I did. The guy at the counter was almost laughing when I said "Well it said take one so I did". lol.

Not that Coca Cola is going to miss a few cans of pop which hydrated me and two friends but I don't make excuses other than I was thirsty.

Sort of like how pirates say "Big software companies like Microsoft aren't going to miss 2 copies" but at the same time I understand when everyone says that it DOES matter.

I tend to work the other way round with piracy. Most of what I like/use a lot I do in fact buy. So when I do something like download bryce 5 to play with I just end up thinking to myself "well, if bit torrent wasn't here, I still wouldn't buy it because I don't really want it". Companies can't miss a sale they weren't going to have anyway.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

I didn't say I had a problem making yourself a trial version heh. I even buy Slackware and Free BSD and other Linux and BSD things I can download free. I look at it like that, as a trial version. If I like it I'll buy it when I have the money, if I don't, I don't use it.

Same with MP3s and movies, if I download a few of those and like it, I'll go buy it. In a way the RIAA is kinda stupid not realising that it's nothing more than listening to a Radio that you make the play list on.

I mean hell record companies will pay a radio station to play their albums so people can hear some of the album for free, but if someone downloads it to listen to it which is almost the same thing, they go to court!

I still remmeber my cousin recording tapes off the radio, so it's not like it's different with MP3s other than usually it's a CD instead.

I mean hell record companies will pay a radio station to play their albums so people can hear some of the album for free, but if someone downloads it to listen to it which is almost the same thing, they go to court!
    Not that I like the RIAA, they can all choke on your stolen coke for all I care. But the radio stations pay license fees in order for you to get your free music over shitty FM. The RIAA cuts deals and offers promotions but the stations pay. Even internet radio statons pay.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I don't have a lot of sympathy with RIAA, though I do with other programs and apps and buy what I can. But the music industry's been ripping off consumers for years, now they're getting a taste of their own medicine. Look what CDs used to cost before people could just download the music for free! And I don't see any of the big names exactly living on the breadline, while the lesser known artists are usually quite happy to have people spread their music for free.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

There is a band I love called "Leftover Crack" which is a punk band from New York. I bought the albums they released and inside it says a bit about "Copy and re-distribute as much as you want".

They don't make a whole lot off their music.

The thing about companies paying stations to play their albums I saw on TV where a Radio guy admitted he took money to play albums from companies. I don't think that was the only time but I do know Radio stations generally get special copies of albums from a lot of people where they play that in rotation with whatever else they normally play to get exposure for a new album.

Not saying everyone does it of course.

And I agree with prices, though most of my music is from bands who don't overcharge and try to get the music out for cheap, sometimes they are overly expensive for the few main stream bands I listen to, like Nine Inch Nails.

It's nice to see reacord proces dropping though, makes it easily affordable. Something people shouldn't have had to force on them in the first place, Hell when the Misfits released Project 1950, I got the CD and the bonus DVD for 12 dollars. That's usually the price of bargain CDs but this was a brand new album just released with a bonus DVD.

The reason? The Misfits have their own label now and use Rykodisk who seems to allow cheaper prices.