hi everyone,
im having a problem using ettercap on slackware 11, i didnt use to have (eg. its facing me the first time)

when i run:
ettercap -T -M arp:remote -i ath0 -q /host/ /router/

and after that i start the check poisoning plugin (chk_poison)
it gives me

chk_poison: Checking poisoning status...

ERROR : 1, Operation not permitted
[ec_send.c:send_L3_icmp_echo:513]

libnet_write (-1): libnet_write_raw_ipv4(): -1 bytes written (Operation not permitted)

iptables v1.3.5: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
iptables v1.3.5: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Permission denied (you must be root)

ip_forwarding was disabled, but we cannot re-enable it now.
remember to re-enable it manually

and it crashes, i have libnet for slackware 11 installed from source (1.1.2.1).
i have however another box running slack 10.2 which uses the same and it is working nice.

i noticed it worked when i compiled libnet from source, (after having it as package), after that and without any warnings it started giving me the same error again (the one mentioned).
i even tried backtrack which used to do it succesful and also the same error. (maybe hardware although its new hardware)

but i noticed that regardless of the check_poison error, it indeed did a an arp poisoning ( i checked it on the machine im testing)

any help is appreciated
thank you