Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yahell?

Hybrid View

yahell?

Someone has been sending me yahoo messages that is not in my messenger list. A few were concerning my online status at the time so I know he can see my status even though I have never added him. After those times I did click to add him and was able to change status to be permanently offline to him. He declined the add stating that it would mess up his yahell. He told a friend last night that he "knows everything I said to them because what he has done to my ip #". Does anyone know anything about yahell? I am not sure how he would have gotten my IP address or if he can actually get my chats but I want to make sure that nobody can. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by rutrowe
    Does anyone know anything about yahell?
    1. yahell
    A derogatory term of Yahoo - specifically Yahoo! Chat. Indicative of the evilness and crapness of said website/corporation.

"My god! Yahell Fux0red up again!!!"
    Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yahell

Block him and be done with it.

So what if he has your IP.. You can have mine if you want.. If you don't want anyone to know your IP, get off the Internet
    Last edited by SirDice; April 4th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDice
    Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yahell

Block him and be done with it.

So what if he has your IP.. You can have mine if you want.. If you don't want anyone to know your IP, get off the Internet

I couldn't care less about him sending me messages. That information was added to just to show that he has someway of seeing my online status even though I have never added him to my messenger. From what he has said I believe he has a program called yahell and that is how he can see my online status. From what he has told a mutual friend he can see my IMs to other people because "what he has done to my IP #". That is the only thing that I am worried about. I know that there are programs to boot people and see if someone is on Yahoo even if they are invisible, but I don't know if there is one to see there IM's.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDice
    Source: You probably have added him, and he is using an alias to pull your chain?
    I know for a fact that I have never added him to my yahoo. What I think happened is that he grabbed the phone of the mutual friend when they weren't looking and got my yahoo ID, then they put it in the program to see my status and possibly my IM's which I am trying to find out if it can be done or not.

AOs Resident Troll
    If the messages are threatening in nature...report the user to yahoo.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

rutrowe, can't you just block everyone not on your buddies list?

You probably have added him, and he is using an alias to pull your chain?

That would certainly explain how he knows your online status, and possibly the content of some of your messages?

I can remember back in the day, we used e-mail for distributing jokes and winding people up........... then IM came in, now I think it is text messages on cellphones?
    Last edited by nihil; April 4th, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

Yes, you have the option to be invisible to anyone not on your contact list. Most IMs offer this and as far as I'm concerned, it's the ONLY way I would even consider running one.

www.darkyahoo.com has several skiddie toys that sound like what you are describing... I just found it with a quick google search of 'yahell download'.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by rutrowe
    he can see my status even though I have never added him.
    There are many tools for yahoo msngr, u can add anybdy without their permission. He can also get ur status using some tools even if u r in invisible mode. Well.... why dont u ignore that id on ur yahoo msngr.
    "Knowing how to do something that might be harmful is not the same as causing harm."

Old Fart
    If you know who he is, just kneecap his ass and be done with it....hell, I'll come help if you want me to.

Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Quote Originally Posted by allenb1963
    just kneecap his ass and be done with it
    I'm pretty sure they're in the front.