Thread: SA Operator Password

SA Operator Password

I am getting an error (see attached picture) that says:
    SA Password test FAILED, You must remove the password from your Database SA Operator in order to continue this installation. Aborting...

This is a reinstall of a program on a workstation. It is just the client piece. The SA account is supposed to have no password, but apparently somehow one got set, which is probably why I could not get the client working and chose to reinstall it.

I can not figure out where this password is changed. It appears its a local system thing, since the server is up and working, and from there, no password is needed.

Is there a place on the local machine where I can reset, change, or just reinstall this "SA operator" ?

In my limited experience, the database passwords were always set in ODBC connections, but there are none setup on this computer... so I am lost.

Please help if any of this makes sense to you!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

AOs Resident Troll
    well...who ever leaves the sa account without a password or the default password is ....ummmmm ..lets see......
    an idiot

have you tried the default MS sa password for SQL

which is btw

sa

MLF

Edit> I may have been a little harse with the "idiot' comment...but to leave an account that powerfull open with no password...well

the guy atleast deserves a smack across the back of the head...

There is that better
    Last edited by morganlefay; April 4th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I may have been a little harse with the "idiot' comment...but to leave an account that powerfull open with no password...well

the guy atleast deserves a smack across the back of the head...

I have touched about 10 different SQL servers this year outside of the 15 I manage. Want to know how many of those 10 had the sa default and were using sa for the ODBC connection? Every single one.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.