Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leadtek nvidea gforce 6800le..problem

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    Did this solve your problem?Does it fit exactly or did you have to make mods to the card?
    It solved my problem, card has been working perfectly since. Took me about an hour to put everything together (I did take my time on it). It was a Zalman passive cooler especially made for my type of card so it fitted perfectly. No modifications needed except removing the old heatsink/fan and cleaning the GPU (leftover 'old' thermal compound). Applied the supplied thermal compound and screwed everything together. There's only one drawback, the passive cooler does make the card a lot more bulky so there's no room anymore to use the PCI slot right next to my AGP slot.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Another experiment: try setting your system back to 133MHz and see if that makes a difference?
    I tried it but still nothing..I decided to take it apart to see if there was anything out of the ordinary,but looks ok to me though..Two massive copper heatsinks on both sides,thermal paste and nothing that looks burned or anything like that.. Anyway thanks again for all the support guys..

By the way what is nv40?
    Practise what you preach.

Well, that would seem to confirm that your system clock speed isn't to blame, much as I expected.

You still might try underclocking the card from its current settings if that is possible?

Another thought would be to try the card in another machine, if you can?

I am afraid that the sudden arrival of this problem "out of the blue" suggests that something bad has probably happened to the card.

You might try downloading and running that testing application that I posted a link to.

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    By the way what is nv40?
    It's an NVidia chip type. Every generation of cards has their own type chip.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodday ppl,
    I tried to underclock the card like nihil suggested but still nothing.Well i have decided to let this one go because it seems like nothing is working and because of the fact that when i put my old card back it works fine..I guess i will have to start saving again for a new one.Any suggestions?Thx again guys..

Edit:I just read this article after doing a search on nv40 found here http://forums.techpowerup.com/archiv...hp/t-8706.html and thought you might be interested.Could it be the same thing?Especially the bios bits regarding the agp aperture size,and the agp 8x.
    Last edited by vanman; April 8th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Another thought would be to try the card in another machine, if you can.
    And right you are..At last some good news..My card is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry i could not resist that..I just don,t know why i haven,t tried it but i guess frustration and the idea of not having money to buy another contributes a lot..Just thought i would let you know..

cheers
    vanman