Thread: Picked up a new case!

Picked up a new case!

Was going to go with a LanLi but decided on the RAIDMAX SMILODON instead. NewEgg threw it on sale for 89.99 with a $20.00 rebate so it ends up $69.99 and it came with a 500w PS! I still switched the PS out for an Enermax Liberty 400w to be safe. This case rocks man! It has a front 120mm fan, 3 side fans (80mm), a removable HDD tray, fold out / removable motherboard side / tray that also keeps the cards installed in the MB, plexi window, and all tool less design! It is pretty quiet, but I did only use the 120mm front and 1 side 80mm fan. It has a pretty neat "side cooling bar" that sets a fan right over your video card area for extra cooling. Even though it's quiet, I think I'll look for a fanbus to control the fans and my cold cathodes...

Tilt out motherboard tray is really nice, I switched evrything rom my Aspire QPack into the new Smilodon in about 20 minutes and that included wrapping some wires. My mATX Biostar TForce fits with lots of room to spare...

Hmmmm, with all that room, maybe I need to fit a watercooler in there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Banned
    Howdy.

Nice case you have got there mate.

i like the slide out option built into the case. Makes for easy access when you need to change a component quickly.

cheers
    acidtone..

Sorry, thats not a case... its a work of art. very nice.

Thats one thing I never understood. Why do people care about how the case *looks*? I personally only care about how it works. It's not like a car where people are actually going to see it. Oh well, to each his own. If you are happy with it, then I am happy for you.

I've grown fond of the Antec Sonata case. It is super quiet and it will hold 4 HDds, 3 CDRoms and 2 floppys. It's pretty compact too. I don't use the floppy slots, but the rest of the space def. comes in handy. Actually, the floppy slots do come in handy. They're really easy to slide out of the front and acts as a little hidden compartment.

http://images.google.com/images?q=antec+sonata+2
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanks guys, up until now, my favorite tower case was the Antec SOHO SX1030 which was very nice. This is very easy to work on....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek
    Thats one thing I never understood. Why do people care about how the case *looks*? I personally only care about how it works. It's not like a car where people are actually going to see it.
    http://images.google.com/images?q=antec+sonata+2
    Some people have computers in their homes and occasionally have visitors.

Visitors aside, I like to have a computer case that is visually pleasing to me even if no one else were ever to see it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I dont know phish... even though I keep my computer under my desk I dont want it to look ugly. I did spend more money so I would have an aluminum case though which is for functionality. I don't bother moding my cases anymore and putting stuff like windows in I dont think that is worth it...