Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exchange 2007

As far as i know, Cisco unified messaging does not support Exchange 2007 yet.. pls verify before u implement...

Quote Originally Posted by mirkblood
    As far as i know, Cisco unified messaging does not support Exchange 2007 yet.. pls verify before u implement...
    Not with version 4.2 but it is supported by version 5.
    That is one of the reasons we're going with Exchange 2007... because we'll be using Unity 5.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...d805e6e12.html
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok, the exchange 2000 server can now see the other users for some reason.
    I did choose to rebuild RUS last night...

This morning, everything seems to be working fine. Maybe I just wasn't giving exchange 2000 enough time to update. The server is rather busy and has pretty old hardware compared to the 2007 server that is not in use.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok, the exchange 2000 server can now see the other users for some reason.
    I did choose to rebuild RUS last night...
    Good, I was going to say some things in your other post didn't seem correct. You should be able to add users and mailboxes in AD. Your issue was exactly why I made a reference to updating ALL adciive directory connectors. And then Updating every Exchange System Management stations, even on Exchange 2000.

Another crazy fix I have found related to mailboxes not being replicated is the new server gets confused which is the global catalog. This crappy fix involves shutting down all the DCs and the Exchange box. Then bringing the global catalog DC up first. Then waiting about 10 to 20 minutes. Then bringing up Exchange... wait 10 minutes then other DCs. In fact that is the order I do updates now.

Also sometimes the New exchange server or the old when is not set up to replicate in Exchange System Manager.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

RoadClosed: In Exchange 2007, you CAN NOT create your mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) via exchange tasks. Well, you can, but it won't work properly.

Exchange 2007 will consider that a "legacy mailbox" and OWA will not work with it. Outlook will still open the mailbox, but the OWA won't work. The errors I had when trying to access the mailbox via OWA was because I used AD to create the mailboxes and not the EMS.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6169714.html
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...007-Part1.html
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...007-Part2.html

Since I'm still using Exchange 2000 and also have Exchange 2007, when I created new test users, I was give the option of which server I wanted to create the mailbox on. When I choose the 2007 server and the store, the mailbox was created on the Exchange 2007 server, but as the wrong type.

I found a way to fix that... move the mailbox over to the 2000 server and then back to the 2007 server... but in my case, I can just delete the test accounts and recreate them the correct way.

You can still create mailboxes using ADUC IF you'll be storing them on Exchange 2000 or 2003. Then you can transition them to 2007. But, if you plan to store it on the 2007 server right away... then you have to use the 2007 EMC.
    Last edited by phishphreek; April 13th, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

BTW: If you're going to buy a book on Exchange 2007... don't get this one.
    I've only been reading it for 2 days and I've already found at least a half dozen mistakes or contradictions.
    It's a good thing I didn't rely on this book as my only method for learning Exchage 2007.

It appears that they wrote this book on the beta version of 2007. Some of the commands they reference have been changed and some of options they use as far as configuration goes are either not there or have been combined. Even pictures they have screen shots of have changed...

This is one of the only books that I've ever had that problem with. Normally I just highlight in books. In this one, I'm literally crossing out whole lines and writing in what it should be. Hmm... I wonder if Borders will take it back? lol
    Last edited by phishphreek; April 13th, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

In Exchange 2007, you CAN NOT create your mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) via exchange tasks. Well, you can, but it won't work properly.
    Hmm. I was always under the impression the 2007 was just a tweak. That is a major change in the core structure of the server architecture.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Quite a bit has changed actually... I've been doing a lot of learning about exchange lately.

I never had to do much in ways of administration. In the past 6 or 7 years we were running it, the only problem I had with it was a disk failure. That was hardware related and not related to Exchange itself. It was all setup and running when I joined the company. All I really had to do was manage backups, install service packs, patches, manage users and the mailboxes. Well, regular maintenance too...

I never had an official education on exchange. I knew enough to get by... I recently decided I better learn as much as possible about 2000 and 2003 over the last 2 or 3 months because I knew this upgrade was in the works and I would be responsible for it. I've been using CBT nuggets videos (search google... wide open archives ) and reading books. Well, it was nice to know... but it seems it won't matter much soon. So much has changed. I really didn't need to learn all that about 2000 and 2003.

I've been reading a lot of stuff @
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...e_Server_2007/

I'm going to buy this book too. This guy really seems to know his stuff.
    Last edited by phishphreek; April 13th, 2007 at 11:56 PM.

Yeah going from 2000 to 2003 is a learning experience but it is a huge jump from 2000 to 2007. You'll need to brush up on intelligent mail filtering and the new remote features most of all. I'm still on SBS2003. I eagerly await SBS2007.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by RoadClosed
    Hmm. I was always under the impression the 2007 was just a tweak. That is a major change in the core structure of the server architecture.
    2007 is a bigger difference in version from 2003 than what Exchange 5.5 to 2000 was... Primarily in that it requires 64bit hardware, and has a full fledged 64bit memory management system.

I'm also curious about what you mean by active directory connectors. I've seen you use that phrase several times. The ADC is only used to replicate information from AD to Exchange 5.5 organizations. Do you mean something other than the ADC?