LivePC

Thread: LivePC

LivePC

I'm naturally not too big on adverts but this is one I couldn't pass up. I do believe this is only one for the serious early adopters. There is a new concept ( kind of) called the Live PC. You've heard of Mojo Pack-- it has been out for months and just starting to get some recognition. This one is like Mojo pack, but its better (Meaning it doesnt only work in Windot). It pretty much lets you turn any box into another box, use it, and disappear. The concept was very nice, as you can install this thing to any usb harddrive.

That looks pretty cool. That would mean that it would leave no traces of you activities huh :-)

Hmmm,

A lot of people fall for that delusion.

If you read the MS EULA carefully you are allowed to have one instance of the software on a single computer at any one time, provided that it is a retail version you have.

OEM versions are limited to the original machine that they were installed on, once again, only with a single instance.

As for the "security".................I wonder? ...................... personally I would be inclined to have more confidence in a live Linux distro?

worth a try though........

lets see if i can get it into my external hhd and run......

wish me luck
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Good luck baggs.......... bin nice knowing ya!

Before you try it, just PM me with the GPS co-ordinates of the 600 gallons of vodka you "liberated" on that booze run you officiated in.

As for the question, I am reasonably happy with using a linux or cloned distro on a CD taken into a library............... I am not impressed with "thumb drives", USB drives or whatever............. mostly because the public stuff around here doesn't have a front mounted USB connection, but (honestly) because "real men don't use thumb drives"

1. If you are single, you will lose it in the borrowed, rented, stolen, car when you reach the vinegar strokes.

2. Either way it is going through the washing machine at some stage?

3. If you are married it causes suspicion?..............after all a CD or DVD is just a part of your internet pr0n collection isn't it?............ so she will just put it back there (out of sequence of course)

Seriously, I don't trust the idea of Windows on Windows. The whole operating system is just too incestuous for my liking. OK, fine if you ran it on a linux host, but where are you going to find one of those?

thanx nihil

well...........

after reading about it, it sounds more like windows briefcase(used to be there in the older windows), where you put your files and it updates whenever you transfer files into it.

just a little more graphical, thats all....

or there is something i am missing here.

Hi bagggi,

The Windows "briefcase" application is intended to synchronise computers. A laptop with a desktop, home with work and so on. As such it offers no security or anonymity whatsoever.

As I suggested, going to a remote Windows PC and booting a portable Linux distro is a relatively safe, as Windows won't understand it that well, and not be able to retain private data.

I am very sceptical of this with a Windows distro, as I am not convinced that there will not be background interaction.

The acid test is very simple.............. just remove the hard drive. If it works from your portable media, then you are probably relatively safe, if it doesn't, then you are at risk

nihil

yeah you'r right. i remember now. it was something like that.

have downloaded the setup so far.

still making the backup of the external hhd. still a long way to go. even after installing, will run it through another laptop.

am no way risking mine. its suffered enough already. it wont survive another re-format.

and yeah........

Before you try it, just PM me with the GPS co-ordinates of the 600 gallons of vodka you "liberated" on that booze run you officiated in.
    here you go

am uploading a map showing the location of all the booze i have gathered from my exploits.

anyone who finds it......use it wisely.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bagggi; May 27th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

I'll meet you by the cutlas stone!