Problems with wireless keyboard and GRUB

Thread: Problems with wireless keyboard and GRUB

Problems with wireless keyboard and GRUB

Hello all. I have this issue right now. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. They work perfectly. The problem is that the keyboard doesn't respond at GRUB. When that happened I just restarted the computer or reset the signal of the receiver and that solved the problem but now it doesn't and that means that I can't choose the OS I want to work with, I am stick to Linux. Don't get me wrong I love linux but I have assingments of the university on windows. Is this a sign to actually move forever to linux??? Anyway if you can help me it would be appreciated.

P.D.: I tried to change GRUB settings but I forgot the root password. Yeah I write calm but I am so pissed off, now I have to reinstall linux.

Hi, this could be hardware?

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. They work perfectly. The problem is that the keyboard doesn't respond at GRUB
    I like your definition of "work perfectly"

1. Try your keyboard and mouse on a different computer.
    2. Replace the batteries in both wireless devices.
    3. Try a serial or PS/2 device.
    4. Try the devices at point blank range.

My guess is the batteries

I did change the batteries and with a ps/w keyboard it worked well. But I don't want to buy another keyboard. What is a point blank range?

Point blank range.................. wireless device right up to the receiver in clear line of sight. It will indicate if signal strength has anything to do with it.

Will it work OK with Windows? I guess you would have to try that on another machine?

If you boot up and use the PS/2 keyboard then use the other one, which I guess has a USB connection? is it recognised then.

Try using a different USB port, and disconnecting all other USB devices before you boot.