April 18th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Since no one has posted this as of yet,
v1.39.502 - [17th April 2007]
- Rewritten secure deletion code, now over 2x faster.
- Performance improvements deleting Internet Cache.
- Fixed bug in Recycle Bin cleaning.
- Fixed overflow error with a large number of temp files.
- Added AntiVir PE Classic and Premium cleaning.
- Removed PerfectDisk 8.0 cleaning.
- Optimized file size for language DLLs.
- Added Bosnian translation.
- Added Macedonian translation.
- Updated several translations.
- Minor bug fixes.
Webpage available via the following link,
May 25th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Ive never liked ccleaner... it has spyware in it. Ive used cleanup! for a long time now http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/
May 25th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I don't know about CC having "spyware in it? have you any more details?
I know that it "phones home" looking for updated versions but that has never bothered me. I don't know if you can turn that off in the app, but you can certainly block it with your firewall?
I have just downloaded "cleanup" and will give it a spin............... it seems to have a fair bit smaller "footprint" than CC................ not that it makes any difference compared to using Windows as your OS
May 26th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Har! Windows has "spyware" in it! Why are you using it?
“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers
May 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM
brokencrow speaks with forked tongue, Windows does NOT have spyware in it!
We all remember the "Microsoft Entertainment Pack"? well, people have gotten bored with playing solitaire and minesweeper and want something more up to date and challenging.
Like wargaming and hack testing? so Redmond have come up with WGA, and we all know what that stands for?
"William Gates' Advantage" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
By alakhiyar in forum General Computer Discussions
Last Post: February 3rd, 2007, 05:44 AM
By xenoborg2001 in forum Newbie Security Questions
Last Post: February 15th, 2006, 11:51 AM