Hello all,

I need some guidance concerning a letter I received from my ISP about illegal downloads. It follows (some information is going to be x'ed out):

Dear Mr. XXX:

By electronic mail dated March 24, 2007, XXX Communications, LLC, a XXX Company, received formal notification from XXX, that you have downloaded the following copyrighted motion picture through a "peer-to-peer" service on IP Address: XXX on or about March 22, 2007 at 10:07:54 GMT: Children of Men.

If true, such activity may constitute copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3). Furthermore, such activity would violate our Acceptable Use Policy. As such, and in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, we request that the alleged infringing material be removed from your website and computer immediately.

Alternatively, if you believe that XXX is mistaken, you may have the right to file a counter-notification, instructions for which can be found at http://XXX. If the complained of material is not removed within forty-eight (48) hours, or you do not file the appropriate counter-notification with XXX, XXX will be forced to suspend your account.

Please feel free to contact me at...

Sincerely,
XXX

Okay, so I know how I got caught (fake aXXo upload). The above letter was dated April 6, 2007. I immediately terminated all my torrent downloads at that point and have not even opened my client since. As I understood the letter, if I deleted the material I was fine. However, I received a second, identical, letter dated April 12, 2007. The letter was exactly the same minus the date.

What does this mean? By not filing a counter-notification, am I admitting guilt? Why send two letters? It has obviously been well over 48 hours and my account is not suspended.

Furthermore, a fellow student in the same apt. complex as mine received this letter 1 month ago. He took no action, and has not heard from them since. He did not receive two letters, though.

Any advice is truly appreciated. Thanks.