Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F###### B###S### (backdoored)

F###### B###S### (backdoored)

So, as you can guess, I am pretty P'd off right now. I was just backdoored by our new IT Manager hired earlier this month. She decided to bring in one of her old colleagues and I guess now I am a Network Support Technician rather than the Network Administrator (they mainly keep me because I am the only one that knows anything about the network).

I am now firing out resumes, if I can bail ship before he starts the 15th of May, they are SOL.

Why are co-workers putting backdoors on the business network?
    By the sounds of it, management is incompetent.
    Good for you in putting out resumes, there is, in all probability, a better place out there.
    Hi.

Good luck ITG, I hope things work out for you.

DZ, I think "backdoored" is meant as in "sidelined". Someone brought in over his head?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I was just backdoored by our new IT Manager hired earlier this month.

Trust is a weakness. Most networks are set with security to block 'External' access to the network. Not the *internal*. Again, trust is a weakness.

Banned
    I guess it's understandable that you're p/d off - nobody likes to be bypassed (whether it is justified or not)... Your post sounds like you just wanted to vent, and that's fine. If you're looking for advice - and I should know better, since you're obviously just venting, which, again, is fine - why do you feel like you're being bypassed? Do you not have a contract that tells you exactly what your duties and rights are (and position, for that matter)? If they keep you because you're "the only one that knows anything about the network", wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep you? ...

Just wondering

I think "backdoored" is meant as in "sidelined".
    I thought it referred to a homosexual act without his consent, by someone he least expected it from.

Especially when used with those expletives!
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Quote Originally Posted by Negative
    I guess it's understandable that you're p/d off - nobody likes to be bypassed (whether it is justified or not)... Your post sounds like you just wanted to vent, and that's fine. If you're looking for advice - and I should know better, since you're obviously just venting, which, again, is fine - why do you feel like you're being bypassed? Do you not have a contract that tells you exactly what your duties and rights are (and position, for that matter)? If they keep you because you're "the only one that knows anything about the network", wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep you? ...

Just wondering
    Sure it would be in their best interests to keep ITG on board since they will more than likely ask the same duties of him as the new person is getting situated while paying him a lot less (going from admin to tech has to be a significant hit to the wallet).

I had a very similar situation happen to me where I was fired within two weeks of a new boss being brought on, and I wasn't even given a reason for the whole thing, just told to pack it in and leave roughly three weeks prior to Christmas.

Don't let the politics get you down ITG, sometimes it works out for the best when you find a higher paying job and can rub it in their faces.
    Last edited by Syini666; May 1st, 2007 at 03:55 AM.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I'm in a position right now where I'm trying to move up, which is a move out of my department. My departmental manager is doing everything he can to sabotage the move. I'm too valuable, we're shortstaffed etc etc. I've heard all the excuses.

If he closes my doors of opportunity then just how valuable of an employee will I be likely to remain. Without opportunity, all people are slaves.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Unfortunately, this is just how the game is played. Walk around there smiling like you just won the lottery. That'll mess with their heads nicely. That should keep you entertained until you find a new place to hang your hat. Don't waste time being pissed about it. This move has happened to all IT people at least once (including myself) so focus your energy on new horizons.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AOs Resident Troll
    Something else to do...

When this kinda crap happens to me...I go get a new haircut...the corporate cut as I call it, new suit or 2...and always dress like I am off to a job interview........book some "out of office appointments".....

Dont waste your energy being angry....and as theHorse says...smile lots...let them think your up to something.

Stay positive....

BTW....if you do go for interviews and they ask "why" you are looking to change...dont dis your current employer\manager...just say something like you are not feeling "challenged enough' in your current position...or you would like to broaden your current skills..blah blah blah...

Good luck

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer