Thread: Vista Hardware Errors

Unhappy Vista Hardware Errors

Hi

I have the Windows Vista Business Edition. I had 2 partitions in it one for the windows and other for my data.

I required to change the sizes of the partition, so i went to the disk management console....but i was not able to perform the size adjustments there....so I decided to work with my partition magic 8 software.

When I started it, before even starting the main application, it gave me some file table location errors and asked me whether I want to fix it using partition magic or not? And, I said yes.

The Irony is....after the fixing of errors....partition magic never started actually, even after reinstallations....every time, it said of some Internal Error.

The result is....my data disk is no more available in Windows Vista. Although, I can see the partition in the Disk Management Console, but I cant access it. So, I took a backup of data from my Windows Server 2003.

When I came back to Vista again and tried to perform the various functions in the disk mgmt console, it said some error has occured, the disk mgmt console is not up-to-date, plz refresh it or restart the console or the machine. I have tried it many time but still I m not able to access that partition.

The partition has no data in it now.....and due to the space constraints I had to remove the windows 2003 from my system. The reason i didnt formatted my vista is...that it has many of my documents, projects and other stuff in it and to format and reinstall vista will be really troublesome.

So, any ideas how to make my partition accessible again??

The second problem, I m facing is....I m not able to work out my internal bluetooth device. I hav installed the drivers but my Vista doesnt detect the bluetooth device.

The bluetooth option is also not available in the Hardware and Sound category of the Control Panel. It didnt worked even in the RC1 and its not working in the final product.

And, when I used to have XP, it worked perfectly.

How to go abt this one?
    CodeNameVirus

For the first thing, you should not have used partition magic on vista. As you can tell this was very bad idea. Vista is set up many different ways then XP. (I will not get into detail here).
    Can you view the device in the windows recovery mode? (booting off the disks?) you might be able to run the error checker on it. That may help. But besides that the reason nobody is answering it because vista is a whole new animal that a lot of people do not want or have the money to deal with right now. Thuse do not know much about it.
    Now the Bluetooth issue, I can help you there. The firmware in your Bluetooth card needs to be updated to support windows vista HID mode. You will have to get the firmware update from your manufactures website. In some cases you have to get a new card that supports vistas HID mode.

hi there

Using a partition magic on vista was the biggest mistake i did!

I'll try booting it thru the boot disk n chek if it works...will give out the update.

I actually downloaded the updated bluetooth software from my manufacturer. My notebook is a Acer 1640. So, dont know if this card supports the Vista then again...if it doesnt, why will the manufacturer post it in the vista driver download session. I'll ask the CC guys abt it!
    CodeNameVirus

The reason i didnt formatted my vista is...that it has many of my documents, projects and other stuff in it and to format and reinstall vista will be really troublesome.
    Yes, it will be; and that is probably where you will have to go. The rules are simple, but so many peoiple do not understand: NEVER use a partition manager on a live (production) system unless you have created an ISO first. Or at least backed up your personal data.

So, dont know if this card supports the Vista
    And you went and installed Vista anyways?

I like people like you.................. lots of £$£$£$£$

Hey, I got my things working again!

I converted my disk into a dynamic disk. I read about it on the internet and found that it is supported by my vista business. And my partition was with me again!

As for the bluetooth....that Acer guys actually have posted drivers for Aspire 1640(my notebook) to run the bluetooth on Vista. I have sent them a complaint...lets c what they have got to say!!!
    CodeNameVirus

You were very lucky

I have no personal complaints about Partition Magic, as it works fine when setting up and initially tweaking systems. Assuming, of course, that you have the right version for your operating system.

Where I have encountered problems is when people have used it to resize live partitions (as in not empty) on a mature system. I would guess that it has about a 70% success rate. The rest of the time it screws up.

The problems are probably user provoked. You should get rid of any redundant files and applications, then defragment the drives. Then make an ISO/mirror or at least back up important stuff.

Partition Magic is not the only software that has this problem, it can be said of all partiton managers used in these circumstances.

If you don't believe me, just Google for "partition tragic"................ you will get nearly a thousand hits

Roger Copy that!
    CodeNameVirus