Thread: linksys wireless router

linksys wireless router

ahh heres my problem i hope you could help me with this one.

i have a linksys wireless -g broadband router model no. WRT54GC ver.2.0

heres the problem i think its intermetent but correct me if im wrong

ahhh.....!!! well these wireless router is connected to a hub (but the hub is connected to a dsl router/modem prolink model no. H9200P) & they have a different address the wireless is 192.168.1.1 and the wired one is 192.168.2.1. well in the first few weeks it works fine but after a month the wireless seems to be to in the normal condition it always shows that it is connected but limited or no connectivity im using a automatic configuration.

ahhh the wireless is connected to the hub actually to be part of the lan so it can share printers and files these is just a small office so we are just using a workgroups not a domain controllers and we are using wndows xp for workstations.

the wireless network is not connected to the network or should i say the it has no network or no connection to the internet. any post may appreciate. it seems that wireless is always like this if you agree its fine but not thanks for posts. thanks guys,

I'm not sure from what you've said why you're getting limited connectivity. It sounds like the same router I have, I have a wired network with a Speedtouch 510 and attached is a LinksysWRT54G giving wireless coverage for the laptop. The Linksys IP is something daft I made up, 10.10.10.10 because 192.168.1.1 wouldn't give access to the web interface.

If you explained your problem a bit more clearly it might be easier to help?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Wait a minute, your router is connected to a hub, which is connected to your modem?

private net==>router==>hub==>modem

If so, you can eliminate the hub altogether, and simply tell your router to forward packets to whatever services you need the internet to see. A linksys router doesn't have filtering software for your internal LAN, so you don't need to set any rules for it.

Unless your router doesn't have enough ports, I'd say get the hub out completely. Otherwise, put the hub BEHIND the router, and connect it to one of the router's internal ports, and connect the WAN port of your router to the modem. Going on the information you have given me, that *should* fix whatever problem you're having. I hope.

I agree with Nuke. It should be Modem->Router->(Hub)->Lan
    Hubs can create bottlenecks in high-traffic networks and I wouldn't use one unless I had to. If you have the same problem either your DHCP server is not working right(in this case your router) so you can try resetting ir or maybe there is a problem with the host connecting wirelessesly so I would repair winsock on it. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html Check that bad boy out.

-Oof