Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st major problem with Kaspersky suite

Hybrid View

1st major problem with Kaspersky suite

Been using it without incident for several months, however about 3 weeks ago, some update it ran caused certificate security warnings to popup on many sites, and in every browser loaded on my system. Naturally my 1st thought was to check all the windows and individual browser settings which govern such things, but all were set as they should be.

I searched the web, tried everything I was able to find, no luck. Finally I disabled the security suite for 1 min, and they ceased. I didn't understand because the phishing guard in Kas. Suite was disabled, which to my mind is the only thing that should be warning me about website certificates.

I eventually had to tell it not to scan any traffic through the browser, something I didn't care for at all. Furthermore, I don't think an AV or FW should override such settings which govern annoyances.

So if you're considering Kaspersky suite, you might want to look further.

Any A/V can have its random problems. Thats ONE reason I hate them.

Well I ran an old box with no AV or FW for 8 yrs and it was clean enough to eat off of, but I did have to run frequent scans to insure that it was. But it's easier to keep one clean with an onboard AV

Hi JPnyc,

I am having similar AV suite woes, I have one box running PC-Cillin v.14 (2006)

It has recently updated itself to "anti-postwhore" mode................and won't let me sign on to AO........... It seems to think that my password is my credit card number!

So I have to give the AO password and then the AV password!!!

Now, I know that AO is an elite site, but you never said that you had a deal going with Trend Micro

Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi JPnyc,

I am having similar AV suite woes, I have one box running PC-Cillin v.14 (2006)

It has recently updated itself to "anti-postwhore" mode................and won't let me sign on to AO........... It seems to think that my password is my credit card number!

So I have to give the AO password and then the AV password!!!

Now, I know that AO is an elite site, but you never said that you had a deal going with Trend Micro
    I think I may know the problem. What's your password so I can verify? :P

Who knew?

Nihil cant you specific sites for it to ignore?

Hi oofki,

I haven't really looked, but I believe that you can positively identify sites that you want to send passwords to.

It caught me by surprise more than anything else, as it switched itself on without warning me.

I think there might be a slight bug, as it warns me that I am sending a credit card number. My password isn't anything like a credit card number

So it wasn't even enabled like JPnyc's?! Thats funny. I know if you disable features in Norton packages it will continue to have popups saying that there are x amount of errors click here to fix and when you click it, it will enable all the things it wants enabled haha.

As far as it flagging your pw as a CC number... could be a bug in the algo that detects private information or maybe your password has a similar syntax as a CC number. i.e. it contains 16 characters.

Hi oofki,

I just did a default install and didn't give it much thought, as I don't use that particular machine for internet trading or online banking.

The password thing just happened all of a sudden. I think you might be right about a bug in the algorithm, as my password is 19 characters and is not all numeric.

If it told me I was sending a password I wouldn't have given it much thought, but it clearly says credit card.