Thread: NAS drive "Map Network Drive" permanent setting?

Banned

NAS drive "Map Network Drive" permanent setting?

We have a Western Digital NetCenter NAS drive, and I'm having a small problem with private folders on that drive. The drive lets me set a password for private folders, but does not offer the possibility of changing the username. The username for all private folders on the drive is "Administrator" by default, and this cannot be changed.

When I try to access a private share, the regular Windows username/password box pops up ("Connect to WD-NETCENTER"), and the problem is that, since I'm not using an account called "Administrator", I cannot log in; inputing "Administrator" as the User Name does not work, as this is interpreted as computername\Administrator, and not simply Administrator. The only way around this is to right-click the share, then selecting Map Network Drive, then selecting the "Connect using a different user name" option and filling out "Administrator" for User Name (and the correct password). The problem is that this setting is not retained, meaning that I have to do this on every reboot - I would like those shares to be automatically mapped on every reboot, but can't seem to figure out how to tell Windows to map those drives automatically using a different username ("Administrator") than the user name I log on with (with the "Reconnect at logon" option)...

I guess the basic question is this: how do I make Windows automatically map a network share with a user name different than the user name I log on with?

This is Vista Home Premium, and the drive is a Western Digital NetCenter 500GB.

Control Panel-> User accounts -> Choose your user -> On the left side click "Mange my network passwords" and add it!

Banned
    Whaddayouknow - that's it, thanks!

No problem man. I've never actually used that function but I knew where it was :-)

-Oofki