Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protect my private infomation form administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hey, I must try the removable drives in RAID1............
    Be adventerous, RAID5!!!

Nah.............my people are SOHO............... that's RAID1............. sure, bigger outfits are RAID5, but those would be lawyers and accountants to me, so I go RAID6 (double recovery references)...................

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    All In Jest!

Quote Originally Posted by odigohi
    Please dont tell me to unplug from the net work I would not have a clue how to do that.
    and then

Quote Originally Posted by brokencrow
    You might also run netstat, or a similar
    app, listing any current connections a computer might be making with
    other computers. You'll need an app like Sam Spade to run "whois" on
    the ip addresses netstat turns up.
    -------------------------------------------

The Administrator is my Partner, He is my partner in Business and Home. And this is why I am so Mad it is my private computer. So you suggest I look on the net for a cleaner and Sam Spade to run "whois".
    Im not a phsycologist but my recommendation is talking to your partner.... In my experience being open and honest and having the ability to talk about everything and anything with your partner is what makes it go the distance. Otherwise (i found) you will just be unhappy, or perhaps just miscontent.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    After reading through other posts, and finding the possible solution noone thought of..... since you are in a relationship is it possible that your partner has simply guessed your passwords. For example, do you use kids names or birthdates etc.

Try changing your passwords and that might help. To get rid of all your problems your going to have to change much much more...... your address for example?

I dont mean to come across rude, but you do have bigger problems. Its simply not fair on you as a person to feel like your own private personal security is lost to someone you cant even approach.

Hope it all works out for the best!

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

I am wondering about the overall network configuration. If you are connecting to the internet via proxy thru one of the five network servers... well at that point it may well be a different story then him simply collecting information stored local, etc.

Some of the recent court ruling about personal emails and transaction from company computers are requiring the info be store for a certin amount of time. Personal emails delivered to a Exchange server (if your running something like SBS) are part of the company and no longer personal. I know at my work place any email that comes in is considered company property. Period. no exceptions.

Is it possbile that 1) there is a good reason for your partner to be capturing everything? or 2) that he is just showing off? "See what I can do.. arent you impressed" type stuff?

But to really solve this, go back to post #1. Business and personal information rarely mix.
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!