Thread: Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, Dlink 1120S Voip gateway and linksys WRT54G

Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, Dlink 1120S Voip gateway and linksys WRT54G

Hi all

I currently have Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, linksys WRT54G and i have set my modem to bridge mode and all the isp username and password are setup in my router.
    I would like to put my dlink behind my router but it didn't work as it doesn't support Stun Server

I have no choice to set up my network as below

(bridge mode)Modem ---->(wan) Dlink 1120S (ethernet)---> (internet)Linksys WRT54G (1)--->PC

But it is not working and i have no internet

Please help

you need to disable the dhcp server on your linksys and manually set the ip of that router to something that is on your subnet.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Hi all
    I currently have Zyxel 660r 61c ethernet modem, linksys WRT54G and i have set my modem to bridge mode and all the isp username and password are setup in my router.
    I would like to put my dlink behind my router but it didn't work as it doesn't support Stun Server
    I have no choice to set up my network as below
    (bridge mode)Modem ---->(wan) Dlink 1120S (ethernet)---> (internet)Linksys WRT54G (1)--->PC
    But it is not working and i have no internet
    Please help
    Does your connection use PPPoE or DHCP? Either way,
    I would recommend using "telnet" to telnet into your Zyxel 660 modem and set DHCP to NONE . Then I would recommend using your Linksys router to act as the DHCP server. Also, I believe the Zxyel modem by default IP address is 192.168.2.1 <---the 645 series is 192.168.1.1 you can telnet into either through command prompt or start, run, telnet 192.168.2.1 password by default is 1,2,3,4

I just did this 2 days ago in A doctors office (where the other IT techs couldnt and were having the same problem as you) with a netgear WPN824 range booster wireless router (not linksys) but it worked like a charm.

you need to disable the dhcp server on your linksys and manually set the ip of that router to something that is on your subnet.
    Sorry I have to disagree with you on this one. Again, disable DHCP in the zxyel 660 modem then ENABLE DHCP in your linksys router. Let your router act as the DHCP server not your modem.
    Last edited by Computernerd22; June 25th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

He already said his Modem is in bridge mode so it is passing the pppoe on and not acting as a router itself. Since he was using the dlink before that probably already is the dhcp server.

I still think it would be much easier to use the dhcp on the dlink router. Thats how I have always set up networks like that but hey works both ways.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    He already said his Modem is in bridge mode so it is passing the pppoe on and not acting as a router itself. Since he was using the dlink before that probably already is the dhcp server.
    LOL! BRIDGE THE ROUTER *not the modem* AND LET THE ROUTER DO IT.

Cheers,cn22

Thanks for the reply.

I original setup is as follow

(bridge mode)Modem---> (internet)Linksys WRT54G (1)--->PC

I have tried setting my Linksys to bridge mode but it wouldn't work so i ended up setting my modem to bridge mode and i am using PPPoE and DHCP for my linksys.

Initially, I would like to add voip gateway dlink 1120s behind my linksys but it wouldn't work because it doesn't support Stun server

So i came out with the following

but it didn't work.

Default gateway IP for my modem is 192.168.1.1
    Default gateway IP for my dlink is 192.168.0.15
    Default gateway IP for my linksys is 192.168.1.254

I am not very good at networking (please bear with me)

If I understand it correctly now
    1.nothing need to be change with my modem (bridge mode)
    2.put in my ISP username and password in my dlink
    3. disable DHCP in my linksys

Am i right? I wouldn't want to do it now not until i have clear instructions (hehe). All my housemates will kill me if they have no internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22
    LOL! BRIDGE THE ROUTER *not the modem* AND LET THE ROUTER DO IT.

Um its called bridged mode on a DSL router when you prevent the modem from logging in using pppoe and you allow other hardware or clients to do it.