Far End RS FEC (I/F): 415823467/0
    Near End FEC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 544/0
    Far End FEC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 337353/0
    Discarded Packets(Within last 30 mins): 0
    SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 2147483644/7
    Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 41/27
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blakdeth77; July 10th, 2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: pasted txt

Those crc errors are bad. And your noise margin is really messed up. Your SNR should be around 31 to 6db with higher being better for up and down. The key to your crc errors is finding how fast they go up. The slower the better. Now your sync rate looks a little screwey too. On average the down would be about 1500 with the up around 256, maybe 384. What is the speed you are paying for? Has a techinician applied a "noise profile" or enveloping to your signal to get it all outta whack like that?

line attenuation looks a little high too.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Here's what I got about 5 minutes after a reboot...

Speed (down/up): 1536 / 992 Kbps
    ATM QoS class: UBR
    Near End CRC Errors (I/F): 1/0
    Far End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0
    Near End CRC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 1/0
    Far End CRC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 0/0
    Near End RS FEC (I/F): 408/0
    Far End RS FEC (I/F): 5/0
    Near End FEC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 408/0
    Far End FEC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 5/0
    SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 26/7
    Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 39/27

Any suggestions to improve anything? Should I complain about speed or anything? I mean honestly I don't think the speed's been too bad lately but if it could be better... obviuosly I'd like to get what I'm paying for. lol.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Boogymantroy
    What is the speed you are paying for? Has a techinician applied a "noise profile" or enveloping to your signal to get it all outta whack like that?
    I think all my line was qualified for was 1.5MB d/l service. So according to these stats I'm getting better upload speed than i should?? Or am I looking at this wrong?

You are getting a weird signal. Typically @ at&t, here in mem 10, a signal being sent as 1.5 mb would be similar to what follows:

Speed (down/up): 1525 / 256 Kbps
    ATM QoS class: UBR
    Near End CRC Errors (I/F): 1/0
    Far End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0
    Near End CRC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 1/0
    Far End CRC(Within last 30 mins) (I/F): 0/0
    SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 26/20
    Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 39/27

But if your isp has issued a profile or envelope on your signal it can adjust it for whatever reason some of the numbers. This is done sometimes to get around DC faults or loop length issues. At times it will actually speed up your surfing rate higher than the norm. Other times it simply makes it stable. For you to be receiving such a high upload rate, it makes me question if it has been pushed to what is refered to as max sync rate. Which is where they allow the signal to flucuation at stable strengths but varying speeds. Unless the nearly 1mb upspeed is what you have purchased. It you dont notice any service outtages or extremely lagged performace I would leave it as is. These just arent numbers you would normally see on an ADSL customer though. Although if you are an HDSL or VDSL customer it may be precisely where it needs to be. Is this a business or home account you got the numbers from?

attenuation should be less than 30 I swear. I could be talking out of my arse.

Also, looking at my router we used to pay for 1Mbit, we just got bumped up to 2, but the router always showed roughly 2Mbit downstream as if the capping was done in software at the other end rather than the maximum the line could do.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

It is normally capped on the other end. Wouldn't want to give you anything free would they? Hehe. Anyways you are right about the attenuation I meant to change that too, but missed it. Anyways. You can call your ISP and get someone from the help desk to contact thier digital services group to look at your signal and see if it falls into thier acceptable ranges. If it does then all is well. If not, they can change it with the profiles. While you got them on the phone find out what thier limits or acceptable numbers are. I know most of AT&T's for each available speed we sell. Good luck.