Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi, just joined and a little confused?

Quote Originally Posted by The3ntropy
    WolfeTone > if you believe this is a "standard...install" then you must also believe that there is no difference between the sun and the moon

nihil > you must have missed the big [Active Topics In AntiOnline's Security Discussion Forums] text link, even though it's in the middle top of the page and it's [font size='2'] text

http://web.archive.org/web/200203290...ntionline.com/
    He is correct, it IS a standard install of the later vbulletin forum. It's not a debatable point, it's factual, and easily proven. The older software you link to is a 10 yr old version, no longer even supported by vbulletin, which means no updates or patches. It might be a good idea before posting such a vehement rant to check out the facts. Just a suggestion. It can be good way to avoid needing a towel to remove the egg from one's face.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    He is correct, it IS a standard install of the later vbulletin forum. It's not a debatable point, it's factual, and easily proven.
    Thanks!

I'm a member of a good few forums (understatement) and VB is one of the easiet to use, if you've used it once then all the links are pretty standard.

The only real difference is the colour which shouldn't be a show stopper for a site dedicated to computer enthusiasts!

True .... I'm also a member of a good few forums and I think this is one of the best. People are generally helpful and there isn't any crap allowed basically.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    He is correct, it IS a standard install of the later vbulletin forum. It's not a debatable point, it's factual, and easily proven. The older software you link to is a 10 yr old version, no longer even supported by vbulletin, which means no updates or patches. It might be a good idea before posting such a vehement rant to check out the facts. Just a suggestion. It can be good way to avoid needing a towel to remove the egg from one's face.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; July 16th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.