Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first post - hi all!

Hmmm,

I think that we now have multiformat bots from what I have been seeing. Shouldn't be that difficult I would have thought..........some sort of initial probe would then activate the appropriate subroutine?

The captcha thing is interesting as I suspect that the botmasters must have copies of the normally available fonts. It would be intersting to see what effect a custom captacha font had?............... I know, I know "security through obscurity"

ok i get how hes spamming, what if he really is just trying to find new forums? how do you know hes spamming? i dun get it!!!

andddd i still dont get how the hell anyone benefits as far as gaining monetary value by registering for a forum...

what if he really is just trying to find new forums?
    Oh but he is..............to spam them

andddd i still dont get how the hell anyone benefits as far as gaining monetary value by registering for a forum...
    Neither do I, as I stated in post #7 to this thread. But they obviously are making money out of it or they wouldn't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi Striker,

The current trend seems to be developing towards spamming forums, blogs, and social networking (Myspace etc.) sites.
    Tell me about it I'm forever removing spam guestbook comments from my own site - when the subscription is next due I'll think twice about renewing it unless they come up with something better than their current defense, which is to allow a person to globally block an IP, then when that IP reaches a score of 10, they're banned from any guestbook (from that company). Trouble is you can only block an IP address once which is ridiculous - if someone leaves a spam message twice on your site, then why shouldn't you add another point to their score?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Nobody mentioned anything about his signature. It links to some jeremy guy's site on mit.edu - Has to be a real person also because how would a bot find the roll call forum to say hi. But then again if he goes to mit, he would probably be smart enough to make a 'smart' bot. Interesting either way.

Edit: Actually i think that might be open to anybody but im not sure. havent found a register page

Edit:Edit: Ok nevermind, it is only for students.
    Last edited by mungyun; July 16th, 2007 at 08:40 PM.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

I really don't care, a bot is a bot no matter who wrote or is using it. The Mods at SuSE Linux forum think the same way:

http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showuser=32586