Thread: FW1 NGX R62 - DBEDIT?

FW1 NGX R62 - DBEDIT?

Is anybody familar with dbedit for FW-1?

I'm trying to figure out how to create new interfaces on a network host object and set the ip for the new interface. I will be adding a bunch of interfaces for one object. This is something I'm trying to do from inside a script once I figure out the syntax.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I already have all the publish documentation that checkpoint releases. The section on dbedit is very small and leaves out a lot of the commands that -h shows. Am I the only person ever to try and add an interface from command line?

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman8fb
    I'm trying to figure out how to create new interfaces on a network host object and set the ip for the new interface.
    This is done on the OS the CP-FW/1 software runs on. IPSO, Solaris, Windows or RedHat?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Somebody pointed me in the direction of dynamic_objects since with R60+ you don't need to stop the firewall to update the object. I wrote a webapp to keep the banned ip addresses in, split the database into multiple dynamic_obects, write the output to a script, copy the script to the firewalls, and restart the script. Works great. Instead of having a large number of IP's in our firewall objects, now we use simple dynamic objects and a mysql database. Works great, and I don't have to login to the Dashboard to block somebody.