Thread: Phishing Quiz

Phishing Quiz

Little challenge for all us "intelligent" types who would never dream of answering a phishing attempt, try your hand at this.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/quizzes/phishing_0707/
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Hmmmm,

My defences wouldn't let me get past Q#1

ehhh, I didn't do too bad,
    YOU ANSWERED 9 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY
    Rating: Safety Guru
    but some of those were convincing!

Anyway, I would think that someone truely doing this (phishing) would copy the pages exactly, so there wouldn't be gramatical errors...hint to those who haven't taken this yet. So I always check the URL...The only way to know for sure.

metguru: I got the same results as you... well, the 9/10. I missed the chase one. I blame that on the beer. Man, why do I always drink and compute? Never adds up...

Anyway, most of us here on this site should easily be able to tell apart a phishing site. From URLs to Certs to who issued the cert, to viewing the source on pages, to spelling and grammar.. not to mention script blocker and antiphishing toolbars.

You can't always go on looks... I NEVER click on links. I ALWAYS go to the bookmark I created or go directly to the site and navigate from there.
    Even still, you have to worry about DNS attacks and spyware then.

I'm not saying that everyone should do this... BUT, it's easy enough. Keep different VMWARE sessions for what you do. I have my PC that has all my everyday needs. Games, internet, etc. Then I have vmware sessions that I don't use except only to either do online banking or work from home.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I must admit I only got 8/10.

Brain fart on the paypal one (I never use paypal anyway :P) and I botched the "name a scam" question. I knew the scam but not the name. What is scary I sent this to a few of my non-technical friends and they got only 3/10. the best score was 5/10.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

I got 9/10 ... missed Amazon actually... I thought the paragraph about the secure server seemed a little weird. I like Aardpsymon's idea... I think I will send this to a few of my relatives...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek
    metguru: I got the same results as you... well, the 9/10. I missed the chase one. I blame that on the beer. Man, why do I always drink and compute? Never adds up...
    actually, if I recall correctly, that may be the one that I missed...except I wasn't drinking, lol, so I guess you win...