Problem: No Background Intelligent Transfer Service component available. Terminal Services Service won't start. Can't update my windows 2000 machine.

I had a windows 2000 server that the registry got corrupted and the system state was not backed up so I'm rebuilding it. This is a Windows 2000 Server machine with service pack 4. 2GB of memory running Computer Associates Etrust Anti Virus software version 7. Pretty much no windows updates on the machine besides the service pack 4 and I upgraded it to Internet Explorer 6sp1.

So I've been googling the hell out of this and haven't been able to find a proper solution yet. Terminal services service was disabled and wouldn't start, so I went into add/remove windows components and installed terminal services. There is now a check in the box so I'm pretty sure I did that part right. Now when I go into services I still can't see bits. I tried following the directions here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614
in order to re-install bits and it just says "Install failed". I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.