Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Built In Bluetooth?

Ya understandable. I'm going to contact Dell directly. There is another guy that I work with that has a different bluetooth M$ mouse that works fine with the built in transceiver on the same model laptop but unfortunately I did not have time to speak with him before I left work. If I figure out how to solve this issue I will definitely post my findings.

Thanks a lot for all of your help.

Tib

Hi Tib,

You might try your mouse on his machine and on something else with a different Bluetooth card? There is just a possibility that your mouse is slightly defective. Also, check his mouse with your laptop to eliminate the possibility that is where the problem is?

Good luck mate!

That's a great idea! I'll have to try that on monday. I'm going to enjoy my weekend off work

have a good weekend!

Tib

I bought this MS mouse today and, with about 1 hr of struggling, got it to work with my Dell D620's built-in Bluetooth. I never plugged the MS dongle in at all.

To get this to work I had to upgrade to the latest Dell BIOS for the D620 from the Dell support site. Then I had to enable the Bluetooth in the BIOS (I'd turned it off before 'cause I never had a Bluetooth device before). Then I used Dell's Bluetooth tool to "discover" the mouse... that took a couple of tries and a press of the Bluetooth reset button on the bottom of the mouse.

After I got it working I upgraded the MS Intellipoint software from the MS hardware website, according to the instructions that came with the mouse. I probably should have started with that version, but it didn't seem to make much difference after the fact.

Smile

I FINALLY got it working Turns out the bios wasn't updated and i got our admin's approval to update it for this purpose and it worked great. I ended up doing just what CMTaylor did.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

tib

Hi tib,

As I said:

Check the Dell site to make sure that you have the latest BIOS and Bluetooth firmware. DO NOT ASSUME that because the computer is "new" that this will be the case.
    After my experience with that ATi card that is the first thing I try these days