Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning member under proper name

Smile Returning member under proper name

Hi All,

I am returning to AO from a long absence. I noticed a thread called Old Timers Roll Call and discovered that many old friends are still here, however older and more mature. As with AO growing up, I decided to do so as well and created a new profile with my last name as my username. I have abandoned my alias and now go as plain ol' me.

I look forward to lurking the boards and post some useful information if I have any. And I promise not to start any flame wars or any useless
    Last edited by Ippersiel; August 9th, 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Welcome back! (No, I'm not THAT JP)

AntiOnline n00b

Talking

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    (No, I'm not THAT JP)
    you can put that as your title ... or get a 1024 by 786 Pixels banner for yourself
    Last edited by SwordFish_13; August 9th, 2007 at 10:57 PM.

Hi Ippersiel, and welcome to AO.

I am one of those people who feels uncomfortable when addressing people by their surname (unless prefixed with their rank of course)

What would you be liked to be called by those who have yet to determine whether killing you, and gorging on your carcass is preferable to going to the fish and chip shop up the road? Actually you would be quite safe here, as the top Fish & Chips place has an excellent Chinese takeaway next door.

I am Johnno BTW

Errr, we don't seem to have flamewars that much these days. If you want to post something controversial (OK NOT, racist, illegal etc.) then you can always use "Cosmos"

What are things like over there in Ontario?............ you toads have not been doing your job of squeezing the clouds before sending them over here......... we have just had our worst floods in almost 200 years. They are costing it at GBP 2.5 ~ 5.0 Billion (and that is just the insurance companies!)

Cheers
    Last edited by nihil; August 10th, 2007 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
    Hi,

you can put that as your title ... or get a 1024 by 786 Pixels banner for yourself
    That might be a 1st rate suggestion. I might do just that.

i dont know. your jpnyc, he was jp. he had an untouchable gold dot, you have a black one. quite a coincidence there. and you both have 'join dates'... a 'title', and a 'signature'.

hey, put the red flash pen away /blip, huh, what was i saying....
    "I have died, I will die, It's alright, I don't mind"

LOL, damn, you even have me 2nd guessing myself. *runs to mirror* (wait that won't work. I have no idea what the other JP looks like)

shatteredsoul,

Everyone has a join date...... that is a system default........... everyone has a title......... some prefer to leave it as the system default or slight variation of it? others have more humourous suggestions?

The dots show what the title doesn't, to some extent? apart from bannable activities it shows how your fellow members have bothered to appreciate , or otherwise.

The black dot is bog standard vBulletin for admins, etc. who are outside of the scope of the normal site contribution system......... errr........... I think that you just send them food coupons and beer?

The gold dot would appear to be a pretentious hack by a suboptimal personality, to massage his own ego?

That is my personal opinion, rather than that of the management.

Hope that helps

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Welcome back! (No, I'm not THAT JP)
    Yeah I noticed while lurking the site for a few weeks that you've had to distinguish yourself from the "other" JP.

Maybe your a clone?

I don't think so, but then would a clone know they were a clone? I mean unless someone convinced them of it. I think they'd always assume they were the original.