Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning member under proper name

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi Ippersiel, and welcome to AO.

I am one of those people who feels uncomfortable when addressing people by their surname (unless prefixed with their rank of course)
    Than you can call me Mr. Ippersiel! Wait... no, no, that makes me feel old. How about the great Ippersiel! Wait, no no, that's a little 40's or 50's and cheesy.... how about....

Meh, just call me whatever, Ip, Ipper, Hyper.... I'll probably understand what you mean, and if you must, you can call me by my previous username of tyger

What would you be liked to be called by those who have yet to determine whether killing you, and gorging on your carcass is preferable to going to the fish and chip shop up the road? Actually you would be quite safe here, as the top Fish & Chips place has an excellent Chinese takeaway next door.
    Eep!

I am Johnno BTW
    Hi

Errr, we don't seem to have flamewars that much these days. If you want to post something controversial (OK NOT, racist, illegal etc.) then you can always use "Cosmos"
    Yeah I remember "there". Also looking forward to getting access back to the AO Addicts forum... but not for a while...

What are things like over there in Ontario?............ you toads have not been doing your job of squeezing the clouds before sending them over here......... we have just had our worst floods in almost 200 years. They are costing it at GBP 2.5 ~ 5.0 Billion (and that is just the insurance companies!)

Cheers
    Meh, Do like I do and blame the yanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I don't think so, but then would a clone know they were a clone? I mean unless someone convinced them of it. I think they'd always assume they were the original.
    But in your case you know you're not the "JP", hence knowing you're not the original, making you a clone in the know, you know?

LOL, damn, you even have me 2nd guessing myself. *runs to mirror* (wait that won't work. I have no idea what the other JP looks like)
    http://iml.dartmouth.edu/ists/images...evich_full.jpg

wow... tiger_claw... err: Ippersiel.
    You've helped me from time to time with things in the past... IIRC palm maybe? I recally you being a heavy gamer?

Good to see you back.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

JP: You've never been curious and google'd images?
    http://www.nndb.com/people/524/00002...p-capital2.jpg

I think thats one of the first things I did when I joined this site...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

welcome back tyger_claw

MemorY here, i still remember you from the old days...
    O.G at A.O

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek
    wow... tiger_claw... err: Ippersiel.
    You've helped me from time to time with things in the past... IIRC palm maybe? I recally you being a heavy gamer?

Good to see you back.
    Yep that would have been me. I was the palm enthusiast back then. Still am really. I'm currently using a Tungsten C. I love it except it's WiFi is WEP only I can still use it at hotspots, just not at home (no one here would leave their router on WEP, would they?)

It's good to be back though and see some familiar faces.. err.. names

Quote Originally Posted by ©opy®ight
    welcome back tyger_claw

MemorY here, i still remember you from the old days...
    I remember ya too, now I know who you were I'm starting to place the people.

So what has happened since last I was here? I noticed that AO doesn't function exactly like I remember. Last I was here Juniper Media had just finished buying AO from JP.

I noticed the newsletter hasn't been produced since 2005.
    I'm happy to see the IRC is back up, I'll be adding that to my IRC app tonight.
    Do Antipoints still count? Wait, I see they go by another name now...

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek
    JP: You've never been curious and google'd images?
    http://www.nndb.com/people/524/00002...p-capital2.jpg

I think thats one of the first things I did when I joined this site...
    No I guess I haven't. I guess I'm not that curious, although I've always wondered whose idea it was to cook pigs blood and eat it (black pudding). Who could this have seemed like a good idea to?

No I guess I haven't. I guess I'm not that curious, although I've always wondered whose idea it was to cook pigs blood and eat it (black pudding). Who could this have seemed like a good idea to?
    Probably the same people who think semen is a skin lotion, or feces is art.