Ok, i've never seen a problem like this before and have no idea on what i need to do to fix it.

A friend of mine has a web page that has a list of products and next to them has two check boxes. One is a compare and the other is add so shopping cart. When you hit the compare check box a cookie gets filled with all of the ones you checked just fine. Even if you uncheck something, it correctly removes it from the cookie. You can also browse to another page, check other compare check boxes, browse back to the previous page and you are still just fine. All of those cookie entries are done browserside with JS and work just fine.

Well, once you choose to check out with whatever items you have, a call gets made to the server and the server changes the cookie to include a little info on what the items in your cart are. All is fine and dandy except if you decide you want to go back and compare or add/remove items from the cart. Client side cant access the cookie anymore and change anything.

From everything ive heard, you should be able to access the cookie from anything as long as its the same site that originally made the cookie, which it is.

Any ideas?

ps: I'm heading out the door so this was a little rushed, if you need any more explanation or code snippets, let me know. Thanks!